Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week end 10/11/19

@Alison Wonderland   I would love to hear about your trip and the Indie Nail Polish event so please report back next week.  Have a good time.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Alison Wonderland   I would love to hear about your trip and the Indie Nail Polish event so please report back next week.  Have a good time.

Thanks, @Katcat1! This will be my second time to the Indie Shop. My friend goes every year.

The Indie Shop is a traveling Independent Business venture and they hold it in a few cities each year. There are some vendors that show up in each location and others that show up if it's close to them. It comes to San Antonio in October, so there's a special Halloween Trick or Treat event and a lot of the polishes have a Halloween theme. Vendors often have some city/state themed polishes, as well.

It's at a convention center or hotel and the vendors are set up like any standard convention vendor area. You can wander the booths and pick out polishes, cuticle care, some vendors do skin care, bath bombs, and even wax melts, too.

I'll try to remember to report back with some pictures after the weekend.

Valued Contributor

With only one day left in the week, maybe I'm done beauty shopping. Maybe.

I purchased Pur Pressed Mineral Foundation. Actually, I bought it two different times cause I fell in love with the first one. I just grabbed another Pur Foundation from HSN  with the brush...not on sale. Sigh.

Also, I am smitten with Gallany and their quality and price. I bought 3 more eyeshadow quads,my second blush duo in Lady Like, lipsticks in Cosmo, Bailey, and Toddy. Cosmo is a shade that I always get asked what color and where to buy. I recommend Gallany constantly.

I ordered more Tweakd and one small kit from Isomers. Now that I've listed the above, I'm not going to try and recall more. You'd think it was my birthday or something.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a lip and blush set from the new Disney Midnight Masquerade collection from Colourpop, in Esmeralda. I also bought the Smoke Story pallette from Colourpop. Apparently this has been a big customer request and I've been waiting for them to do one too. It's gray, black, and silver shades. I also got an eyeliner stamp from Amazon. It gives you an instant wing. I can't draw one to save my life.
Valued Contributor

Some of mine were not from here but ill share anyway. I purchased a new vitamin c and e serum, a derma roller, tinted moisturizer, new concealer and few new items from The Ordinary line which ive heard and read a lot about. I must say after reading about the beauty industry im starting to feel as a consumer taken advantage of. We pay a lot i mean a ton $$$$ for beauty and we get results worth a dime. Most products are filled with perfumes and fillers just to make the consistancy feel nicer but they dont do much benefit to our skin. It hurts to know that it doesnt have to be this way, so i feel cheated. But big beauty industry isnt gonna let anybody change that because they've been getting richer of our money why stop that now. Sorry for the rant but i just had to share. Smiley Happy 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @mintedrose -- f.y.i.  most of our purchases discussed here are not from QVC.   We talk about all product brands, from the high-dollar to the very cheap.  My purchases are usually the very cheap.

Wanted to add:  yesterday afternoon I went to Bath and Body Works with a handful of coupons and bought shea butter body lotions and cream shower gels in new-to-me fragrances.  Also got a 3-wick balsam candle because they had all their candles half-price.  Yay!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

From Beautylish, I bought and received 2 Sonia G eyeshadow brushes (Blender Pro). One is for home and the other went in my travel kit.  Also got a repurchase of their Good Molecules Peptide Serum. Very nice and great price point.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo  Thanks for the explanation.

@mintedrose  Your Beauty purchases include makeup, skincare, hair products, body products, hand, feet whatever makes you beautiful. Price is not an issue.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@tototwo  I missed the sale. I love the Balsam Candle.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

How could I forget my HG for years. Heritage Store Rosewater!