Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases for week end 2/24

Happy Friday, Beauties.  I picked up a makeup sponge (I am always looking for a bargain)  but I like the ones with the pointed tip.  I like the way it applies my tinted moisturizer.  I was in Target and picked up their brand.  It came in deep pink and deep teal.  I also picked up corn pads (I am going to the foot dr. on Monday).  I have had 2 corns in my life and this is one of them.  Very painful to wear shoes. 

How about you?  Did you find any bargains?  Please share.  Have a wonderful weekend.  We have gone from 67 degrees to 32 tomorrow.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases for week end 2/24

Nothing, but I did have an AD shipment of Josie Maran's body butter in Peppermint Bark ship out today. It's already been 90 degrees here twice this week and the Peppermint Bark body butter is so perfect in the hot weather. I buy a lot of the peppermint body items in the winter and pull them out to use in the summer. Who knew summer would start in February?

Honored Contributor

I am losing it!  I also purchased:

Josie Maran's hair oil serum travel size

Josie's body sugar scrub travel size

Josie's Brightening Face Balm on sale

Josie's hair serum is the BEST!  The scent is wonderful.  All I need is one pump.  It tames the flyaways for me.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I picked the Joico Color Therapy Conditioner at TJMaxx yesterday. I received a sample from Ulta and really liked it. But I thought $17 for conditioner was too expensive.  But I saw them at Ulta yesterday for $7.  So, I couldn't pass up the bargain!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't actually used any one cosmetic of skin care line but have been through several cosmetic lines ( in store ) browsing trying to find a particular deep green or soft black. I was fortunate today finding several Lorac Mega 32 shades in the PRO. I purchased that, then saw the Too Faced professional brushes ( 5 )....Exactly what I should have and toss the others away. Also, bought the Too Faced blush in Bellini. 

I have wanted a forest green for over 2 years; the 32 shades palette has 3, along with the most beautiful just ME beautiful should have pigments that I can use for over a year. Lorac is a very exclusive line for the delicate skin around the eye lids, also having rich silk like application.

I believe I will purchase their Too Faced professional eye primer. Have learned that in using a lighter close or CC creme is better, but the primer is ( from video ) makes a world of difference. My eyes are one of my best assets, so the smoky look is definitely something I will be doing every day. 

I love quality cosmetic lines and I knew from previous experience the two lines are one of the top lines. 

" Becoming frustration with everything being in a neutral or boring beigey".......

Just luck, I suppose in finding these with less than 100 left from very early today. They sell very quickly! I have been educated that HSN has been ahead of new products, and I was quite impressed.

Tired of the same ol' tv shopping, here. Nothing very seldom watched every changes. My own personal spew.....NAES

Esteemed Contributor

I kinda went nuts with that Laura Geller "GMA Steals and Deals" last week and this week received mascara, Spackle, Inkcredible eyeliner, "Pink Grapefruit" blush, "Watermelon" lip crayon, eye shadow crayon, plus ..... all for $50 and free shipping.  All these items are "firsts" for me and I've worn all of them every day this week.

I'm not impressed with the "Ethereal" Spackle.  It turns my 'fair' foundation an orangey color and it makes my skin oilier than it already is.  I'm ready to toss it.

The mascara is meh - I like my L'oreal so much better.   I'll never order it again. 

But I absolutely love the eyeliner and lip crayon.  These are definitely keepers! 

Oh well, I wanted to try something new, so I did. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I picked up 3 Rimmel nude lipsticks from Walgreens at 40% off. I need lipsticks like I need a second head, but they make me happy. The warm weather was nice while it lasted...