Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases ending 4/28/17

I have a large stash for most things but I did replace a Shiseido sunscreen.  I'm glad I only bought one thing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Tarte mascara for half price during the 12 days of beauty, Joe Campanelli microfiber make up removing towels (LOVE!!!) and the NEST fragrance TSV. 

Honored Contributor

I am so glad everyone is beauty shopping again, including me!  So many more responses.  Thanks for sharing.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Rite Aid had Physicians Formula products --- buy one get one free.  Well, I couldn't pass that up!  I bought a couple of my mineral powders.  I also bought a CC cream to try and an argan highlighting powder to try.  I can always return these last 2 if I don't like, but for the deal --- I couldn't let it go!  I love PF --- I hope they don't stop making.  But my track record is not good.  Every time I like something --- it's bye-bye! 

@AngelPuppy1

Oh, I hear ya.  Lumene just discontinued the two products I mix as foundation: Their CC cream and their colorless BB cream.  I've started the auditioning process and I just received a new BB cream from Pur-lisse.

I'll give it a shot, but I can't say it's made a good first impression.  I'd been looking at PF and I was curious: Which CC formula did you choose?

I'd love to hear how it's working for you.  The only thing that kept me from switching to PF was the mention of oxidation in product reviews.  It's why I stuck with Lumene -- their products never made me tangerine.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

A bottle of Head and Shoulders -- the hypoallergenic formula. I'm trying this out as a face cleanser so I bought a big bottle for the shower.

@TY

I'm intriqued.  I'd love to hear how this works out for you.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@TY wrote:

A bottle of Head and Shoulders -- the hypoallergenic formula. I'm trying this out as a face cleanser so I bought a big bottle for the shower.

@TY

I'm intriqued.  I'd love to hear how this works out for you.

I don't like the hypoallergenic formula of Head and Shoulders. It is irritating and stinging my eyes. I think the classic formula is better but I am not going to use this on my face every day.

I am still experimenting to see what will get the T zone flaking under control.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Rite Aid had Physicians Formula products --- buy one get one free.  Well, I couldn't pass that up!  I bought a couple of my mineral powders.  I also bought a CC cream to try and an argan highlighting powder to try.  I can always return these last 2 if I don't like, but for the deal --- I couldn't let it go!  I love PF --- I hope they don't stop making.  But my track record is not good.  Every time I like something --- it's bye-bye! 

@AngelPuppy1

Oh, I hear ya.  Lumene just discontinued the two products I mix as foundation: Their CC cream and their colorless BB cream.  I've started the auditioning process and I just received a new BB cream from Pur-lisse.

I'll give it a shot, but I can't say it's made a good first impression.  I'd been looking at PF and I was curious: Which CC formula did you choose?

I'd love to hear how it's working for you.  The only thing that kept me from switching to PF was the mention of oxidation in product reviews.  It's why I stuck with Lumene -- their products never made me tangerine.

@just bee

I got the Super CC.  It is in a white tube and has a metallic kind of magenta cap on it.  I have only used it for like 4 days but so far I really like it.  It goes on nicely and gives a  smooth finish and wears well.  But I do need to use a bit of concealer here and there.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@TY,   Have you tried Vaseline or another product for chapped skin?  That may work.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@TY,   Have you tried Vaseline or another product for chapped skin?  That may work.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

I'm giving the OGX body oil spray a go on my face before I put anything else on it to see if that will help. I also bought a tube of Canesten cream which is an anti fungal medication to see if that helps

Honored Contributor

@TY,   You need something for dry, chapped skin.  Anti=-fungal won't do anything.  I use Marula oil on my whole face & neck at bedtime.  It does balance the skin out.  Good luck to you.  Are you using Retinol?  Most women that do complain about flaking.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength