Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases Week end 8/30/19

Beauties, where did August go?  I hope you had a good week.

I purchased:

Still on my quest for the BB that has it all.  That is, demi-matte and somewhat buildable.

Kiehl's BB cream - Not quite a cream and it's sticky which is quite unusual so it is going back.

Ordered Tarte BB cream today so when it arrives I will let you know next week.

I still like Lumene but I do not like the finish that is radiant so I have to use powder over it (prefer not to thus the search continues).

Dusting Powder w/puff - Lavender & Chamomile by Greenwich Bay Trading Co.

Beauties, have a wonderful weekend.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Week end 8/30/19

Replaced No. 7 foundation with Clinque Even Better Refresh foundation and on second tube. Price is double but application and finish so much better.

Skinn DermAppeal Microdermabrasion set for face and body. Such a treat and really makes the skin feel refreshed.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I bought Sally Hansen's 7-in-1 nail strengthener.  If you can believe the blurb on the box, it's supposed to work miracles.  We'll see.   This is just my latest purchase in my quest to have nails that don't peel or split.   I'm running out of products to try. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

From WM: L'Oreal Color Riche Shine lipsticks in Glossy Garnet, Enamel Red and Lacquered Strawberry.

The colors work very well on my cool/ light skin tone. Goes on very smooth, wears well- more matte than satin IMO. Good staying power. AT $8.00 each not going to break the bank. I find it difficult to choose a good, wearable Red. This one is good!

Respected Contributor

I received the Josie Marian vibrancy foundation yesterday, I’m gonna try it today. I had used it in the past but the color was wrong, hoping the new fair-light will be spot on. I also started using a sample mini of Too Faced ****** girl mascara and much to my surprise it is AMAZING so I ordered a full size from Sephora. Makes my lashes go boom! 

Esteemed Contributor

I did purchase the Julep nail TSV. I thought I would try it on my toes and see if they can get in better shape. I'm happy with Perfect Formula and Pro Strong on my nails.I was curious to see if the Julep would work for the in between time when I need to take off the old polish but don't have the time to do the complete manicure. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got the Dominique Cosmetics Berries and Cream palette.  Was talking myself out of this for a long time, but finally decided to get it during the Sephora sale.  It is really nice.  The mattes blend well and I have not had trouble with fading so far.

Image result for dominique cosmetics berries & cream eyeshadow palette

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org