Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Thursday 6/4

@Kabella   Hi.  I hope you are keeping yourself safe.  Who would have thought that we would be locked up in our homes?  Hopefully, a vaccine will be developed for this virus.  Take care and stay safe.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

Glad you liked the lippie pics. Sometimes Butter London can appear muddy and very similar in color and tone (warm vs cool) when I search for online swatches. Descriptions can often be vague too. Yes, of course, there's similarities within color families but I find many are much more in person, and many may be missing out on some great product. Please don't hesitate to ask...as mentioned I have others. I can  probably save you time and $ if you're unable to make a retail visit.

Did you realize the company is cruelty free? That is a big yes for many on the board.

The Fab and Impulsive lippies are two very nice colors. What did you purchase at Ulta's sale?

I previously purchased a sweet little sleeper e/s quad thru gmadeals. I am impressed with the creamy texture and lasting quality. The soft matte peach, metallic gold, amber like bronze and a stunning deep, rich green which has grey undertone, are highly pigmented. I achieved a softer look that's more age appropriate. Lots of options and these are buildable, as desired. Good reviews on the BL site. I've been so very pleased with this little jewel.

Screenshot_20200608-221330_Chrome.jpg  

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS   - I would absolutely love to have that e/s palette.  Love the colors and the way you described it.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Good Morning! Yes I am safe Thankyou. Stay Safe Kat Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

The Little Londoner quad isn't available at Ulta. If I see it again at 50% I'll let you know. Otherwise, there's a 20% coupon on the BL site. Currently $40 min for free shipping. Possibly a 30% floating around the internet.The GMA and View promos have been very good sources in the past. ♡♡♡

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS 

Hi.  I would love any recommendations you would have for someone very fair leaning cool skin tone.  Thank you!

I ordered a ‘backup’ of ‘Driftwood’ eyeshadow from Ulta and decided to try ‘Buttercream’ as well. Also ordered the Plush Rush Lipstick in Fab. Smiley Happy

I saw Butter London was cruelty-free!  (I wish all cosmetic companies were)

The Little Londoner Palette looks lovely.  ❤️ 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

Hi, I'm interested in your opinion of the Buttercream serum shadow when you receive it. The Petal Pink serum es color is pretty neutral, not too warm or cool and might be a future consideration for you.

Two cooler lippies I'd recommend are Thrilled, a cool mauve and Smitten, a dusty rose. Both are shades that would suit your complexion, as you described and very nice on.

Also, the shade Lucky is cooler than Fab, which is a tad warmer and more intense or saturated, but a very pretty color nonetheless.

I can wear both cool and warm shades if I tweak my blush and eyeshadows a bit. I've only gone cooler since my hair has changed, very silvery now, and my complexion has lightened. Are you strictly "cool"?

That animated gif I posted upthread is a pretty good representation of the lip colors too. ♡♡♡

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

Hi, I'm interested in your opinion of the Buttercream serum shadow when you receive it. The Petal Pink serum es color is pretty neutral, not too warm or cool and might be a future consideration for you.

Two cooler lippies I'd recommend are Thrilled, a cool mauve and Smitten, a dusty rose. Both are shades that would suit your complexion, as you described and very nice on.

Also, the shade Lucky is cooler than Fab, which is a tad warmer and more intense or saturated, but a very pretty color nonetheless.

I can wear both cool and warm shades if I tweak my blush and eyeshadows a bit. I've only gone cooler since my hair has changed, very silvery now, and my complexion has lightened. Are you strictly "cool"?

That animated gif I posted upthread is a pretty good representation of the lip colors too. ♡♡♡

Thank you for the recommendations. I took notes and am making a list for the next sale.  😃  

My Ulta order is supposed to arrive on Saturday, and I will be sure to post a review of Buttercream.

I usually stick with cool to neutral shades.  Warm shades either look too orange, or wash me out ☹️.  

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

Hi Rochelle!  I just wanted to give you a quick review of the Buttercream shade.  It is VERY light (about as pale as me lol).  I like that it smooths my eyelid, and it also covers any redness, so it will make a nice base.  The Driftwood shade however, is by far my favorite.  I haven’t stopped using it since I got it.   

The Petal Pink shade sounds lovely (it wasn’t available on the Ulta website).

The Fab lippie is very pretty, and the formula is wonderful.  It is just a tiny bit too warm for me, so I mix it with another shade and it works well.