Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Thursday 5/6

I ordered Beekman Orange Blossom and Sweet Grass Beekman body Creams.  I absolutely love Beekman.  No itchy skin for me.  I also ordered Philosophy dry shampoo.  I used to use Dove, but it only works for the first part of the day.  The Philosophy dry shampoo works for two days.  I only wash my hair twice per week.  I love Pure Grace.

Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@SurferWife - I use a lash primer from Essence, I get it from Ulta for only $5 and I really like it. 

I used Lancôme's lash primer for years until I tried the lash primer from Essence. That is all I buy now. 

Honored Contributor

@CRAZYCATLADY  I recently started washing my hair 2 x a week too.  My hair is never dirty and it takes a very long time to become oily.  So far it's working.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@C from Bama wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@SurferWife - I use a lash primer from Essence, I get it from Ulta for only $5 and I really like it. 

I used Lancôme's lash primer for years until I tried the lash primer from Essence. That is all I buy now. 

@C from Bama  - I started using Essence mascara after a you-tuber I follow raved about it.  So I've been using it - especially since the mascara I've used for year from Clinique was discontinued.  I've been using Lancome lash primer and I like it a lot, but I'm going to try the Essense lash primer too.  Have you tried the Essence mascara yet?  I use the False Eyelashes version.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  - I just purchased the Dior mascara shown in the Beauty with Benefits section.  It comes with a mini lash primer.  I've never tried Dior before and looking forward to using it.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a few things from Ulta. 

I got a backup of Maybelline Fit Me foundation (the dewy one).  I use this as a mixer when other foundations are too thick. 

Also got a Milani eyeliner in a brown color, as I had to throw out the brown eyeliner I had (old) and heard the Milani one is good. 

And I got the I Heart Revolution Tasty Peach eyeshadow palette that I couldn't stop thinking about.  One of my favorite YouTubers did some looks with it and--even though the Revolution eyeshadow formula is not my favorite--I was drawn in.  It was only $15 anyway, and I realized I don't have a lot of peach tones in my collection, even though I love peach eyeshadow.  I Heart Revolution Tasty Peach Palette | Ulta Beauty

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Let us know how you like mascara but I think yu will.  Dior has wonderful products.  I just received my Clinique Glossy mascara in dark brown.  Since I am a mature woman (old)  LOL, I prefer the dk. brown for a softer look.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@C from Bama wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@C from Bama  - I started using Essence mascara after a you-tuber I follow raved about it.  So I've been using it - especially since the mascara I've used for year from Clinique was discontinued.  I've been using Lancome lash primer and I like it a lot, but I'm going to try the Essense lash primer too.  Have you tried the Essence mascara yet?  I use the False Eyelashes version.

@San Antonio Gal - I've been using the Essence mascara and lash primer. The one i'm using is Lash Princess, false lash effect, black tube with green writing. I really like it. One coat of the primer and one coat of the mascara on the top lashes and I am good to go. 

The mascara does tend to transfer a bit, so when I'm done with the tube I'm currently using I'm going to try the waterproof formula to see if it transfers less. I do like the way my lashes look though. $5 each at Ulta. 

Contributor

I haven't tried the Essence mascara but I plan to when I use what I have. I too have heard good things about the false eyelashes version.