Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases Thursday 5/14

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  I hope you are all doing well.  Did you get a chance to purchase any beauty products?

I purchased a paddle hair brush.  That's it for me this week.

Share your Purchases and have a wonderful weekend.  Remember to stay safe, wear a mask and save your life.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Thursday 5/14

Hi @Katcat1 .  I had to restock my Vitamin C product.  I use Serious Skin Care Vitamin C pads and ordered directly from their site. 

For those looking for a good vitamin c product, I've had great results.  There are 60 large pads in a container for 36.00 plus .99cents shipping.   This is the only product I use from the SSC line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning @Katcat1 . Makeup holding steady since hardly using any of it and replaced some skincare items last month while discounted on my usual sight. 

I did purchase Tresamme S&C...a new formulation that is sulfate and silicone free. Great for curly hair, colored hair and others who experience buildup. The silicone holds on to styling products not letting any air or moisture through. This adds to breakage, dull hair and it gets dirty faster. The shampoo is clear...love that with silver hair...had to toss all that were green, blue or styling products that were dark like Aveda's thickening spray in brown bottle and dark bottle of Moroccanoil treatment oil. They slightly stained my silver hair. 

Honored Contributor

I bought and got (alreadyWoman Surprised) Westmorelands lip gloss that turns to whatever color your ph is---and just got a notice that the beauty gift bag is on its way too. I have been gong thru lip gloss like crazy these last few months

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I am anxious to try Bobbi Brown's lip gloss that is not sticky.  I never liked to wear lip gloss because it was sticky.  Have you ever tried BB's lip gloss minus sticky?  I will probably wait until they offer a discount for F&F or something.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal  You live in that beautiful city that has the river running through it.  I saw a good picture of San Antonio in the movie Selena.  What improvements have you seen using the vitamin C?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just placed an order last night on Sephora for the Caja Cat Nap Under Eye Brightener.  I've been using the MaryKay product but I have a gift certificate for Sephora so even though this was slightly more expensive, it cost me nothing.

I also ordered an eye cream from The Inkey.  I've never even heard of this line but it gets good reviews and it certainly was cheap so we'll see.  And then to round out the order was a ridiculous purchase but again, I had a gift certificate.  It's the Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant.

From Amazon I bought a L'Oreal eyeliner in aubergine and a NYX Banana Powder that I cannot find in stores here. They are always out of this.    

I also received my Beauty Brands order.  I ordered 2 hairsprays because they were having their 50% off sale.  However, the 1 I really wanted ended up out of stock but I wasn't notified until the day the order was received by me.  Had I known the spray was out of stock, I wouldn't have placed any order at all with them.  As it is, I decided to try the TIGI Bed Head Lightheaded hairspray and it's a no.  There is absolutely no hold at all.     

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just bought the Josie Maran Brighten and Resurfacing Duo. It was on earlier in the week and I did not get it. She has it at a special price right now. Had it in the Fall and do like it.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I am anxious to try Bobbi Brown's lip gloss that is not sticky.  I never liked to wear lip gloss because it was sticky.  Have you ever tried BB's lip gloss minus sticky?  I will probably wait until they offer a discount for F&F or something.

@Katcat1   Are you referring to the oil infused gloss? If so, it didn't stay on like the other BB glosses. I now use Buxom or BM glosses. 

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Hi ladies I purchased the Derma E vitamin C eye patches .They are set to be delivered today ? I had always wanted to try them and Derma E was actually having a 20% off sale plus a free gift for Mothers day . I also ordered some Senna products . i use their brow pencils and blush and lip glosses . I had emailed them  questions about some make up shades . I got a reply back from Eugenia Weston that she would call me if I liked . She called me last Saturday and we spoke for about 30 minutes she was lovely She is 70 and I am 56 so we discussed eye makeup over 50 which was my question. There was no charge for the session , but she did offer  if I wanted she does face charts for $35 , what was nice is that its a face chart of a photo I sent her of myself , not a model's sketch with colors on it . It should be coming this week .  Stay safe ladies