Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases Thurs. 10/1

[ Edited ]

Happy October, Beauties.   It seems like the months fly by.  I purchased some essential oils lavender, ginger, cypress, eucalyptus and grapeseed oil.

I hope you have been shopping and want to share your purchases.  Enjoy the upcoming weekend and stay safe, Beauties.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases Thurs. 10/1

I bought Dr. Nassif's Hydrating Serum. I've already tried it and I'm still on the fence about it. The 'hydrating' part is what I'm not feeling. I'll give it another week and see how I feel about it but I don't think it will change. I had high hopes.

Esteemed Contributor

Finally ordered my prickly pear oil (high in linoleic acid), also ceremides. I'm almost out of my peptide moisturizer that I've been using for a few months, and will likely go back to aloe, the pear oil & ceremides.

Honored Contributor

Pardon me for saying this but....

THIS PLACE IS LIKE A TOMB TODAY! 

Where is everyone?? It sure has been uber quiet around here for a while.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   I'm here but working also, checking in and out. Smiley Happy   I just was reading your several posts on the Dr. Nassif serum of which I too purchased this week.  

I'm feeling the same about this serum, not really 'hydrating' as described.  Being sort of a skincare enthusiast myself, I know to put on serums in the correct order. This product however doesn't seem the same and he DID say to put the serum as a last step which in my opinion is counterintuitive - as you said, it feels and serves more as an occlusive barrier, odd.  The ingredient deck reciting the many silicones could explain that but MANY products, serums or otherwise, containing silicones at least FEEL like they hydrate after absorption.  For example, I (in my mind) assimilated this product to be a knock off of Dr. Denese's hydroshield which I'm really not a fan of but between the price offered in this TSV and the added buckhuchiol ingredient made me want to try.  Sadly, i'm on day two of using this and I can only say I am less than impressed.  I will give it a good try though.  

I hope it works well for you. Smiley Happy

To stay (or get back) on point with the beauty purchases post, I also bought the new Tarte Big Ego brow pen which I REALLY like.  It applies with pinpoint accuracy allowing to create brow strokes AND NOT STOP WORKING AFTER A COUPLE OF APPLICATIONS!!!!  I had my brows microbladed about 1 1/2 yrs ago and before I get in for color touch up, I bring them back to life with the tiniest bit of addition of this.  I highly recommend!  

Purchased the Tarte shape tape TSV as well, just need to exchange for a better shade when it becomes available again.  

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   I recently started using A.H.A. Ceramide moisturizer w/lemon by Mario Badescu.  So far my skin is very hydrated.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   You are so right.  This forum at one time was jumping.  We use to have a lot of fun and we were always laughing.  I am talking about before there were monitors.  However, not that many women participate in the forum anymore.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I wasn't around here when they didn't have the monitors. That must have been fun!Woman Happy

But I do remember more active days here. There would be pages upon pages of new posts each day. Now we're lucky to see one page maybe two a day on the Beauty Forum. It makes me sad.

Honored Contributor

Purchased for one of my DILs the Bobbi Brown Travel Longwear Cream Shadow Stick Set from Nordstrom as a Christmas stocking stuffer.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom   That's a lucky gal.  The eye shadow sticks are the best!

kindness is strength