Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 6/23/22

@monicakm wrote:

I forgot about my Ulta order that came yesterday.  I hardly ever order from them but Sephora didn't have the Stila Kitten e/s and they don't carry MAC.

Kitten Eye Shadow Compact

Paint Pot in Painterly

@monicakm  - I ordered the Stila kitten e/s today.  What do you think of it?  Try it yet?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Yes, I wore it to the city yesterday.  I like it BUT I had to knock down some of the shimmer (very shimmery) with a clean brush and then added just a little matte shadow of the same color.  Shimmer still shined thru but with less intensity.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Yes, I wore it to the city yesterday.  I like it BUT I had to knock down some of the shimmer (very shimmery) with a clean brush and then added just a little matte shadow of the same color.  Shimmer still shined thru but with less intensity.

@monicakm - Thanks!  This concerns me a bit if its that shimmery because my eyes are sometimes sensitive to shimmery shadows.  I'll try it but if it doesn't work, will return to Ulta.  Hope I don't have to, it looks pretty.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Off topic but what brand of dishwasher did you get?  Ours is almost 9 years old and it is not getting the dishes completely clean.  DH cleaned the trap but it didn't help.  I think we need a new one. 

Trusted Contributor

Hello beuaties!  

I am avoiding the Q channels today.  Not only am I not a Xmas in July fan, I really don't like Xmas in June.  BAHHHH HUMBUG!  LOL.  To all those enjoying-- more power to you.  I hope it's merry and bright :-)

This week I ordered and recieved in like a day or two from Thrive.  I do love the make up and think it stands up to the claims of long lasting.  It's funny, I do order a lot from QVC.  And years before, I would get things in 3 days.  Now, it's like 10 days.  The time and the cost has limited my oders but I digress... On to the Thrive...

It was free shipping and I bought the mascara in blue.  I would not buy again.  I like the formula, just not their version of blue.  It's kinda of dusty not bright ot dark blue that makes my lashes look kind of ash.  If that makes sense.

I ordered two of the matte eyeshadow sticks. The cream shade and a mocha shade.  LOVE THEM.  I use the mocha on my lower lid to the crease and then I layer the light cream color close to my lashes and smudge it like an eye brightener.  It's definitely a me but better effect-- not overly made up AT ALL.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Get out and enjoy yourself!

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Off topic but what brand of dishwasher did you get?  Ours is almost 9 years old and it is not getting the dishes completely clean.  DH cleaned the trap but it didn't help.  I think we need a new one. 

@ninjawife  It's not the top of the line but gets decent reviews and I expect it to suit our needs. I actually overlooked that it has a plastic tub.  I would have preferred a stainless tub, but for the price we paid I can deal with it. DH thinks it's fine.  I don't expect any appliance to last anywhere near what they used to.   It's just the two of us here, and we run it every other day, but it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually have to replace it.  We'll see.  

Ordered via Costco 

Whirlpool Model  WDF520PADM

39C88F65-92C3-42D1-B05A-C0F448345008.jpeg

20071DF1-11CE-4F3C-ADA4-95E05B80DD31.jpeg