Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 6/23/22

@JudyL 

Did you buy the new Anastasia palette?  I wouldn't have purchased it anyway since my collection is obscene but it's not quite my color story.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I bought that new ABH palette and it just came in a few hours ago.  I can't wait to try it.  I like the color story because it's a bit different.  I just can't handle any more palettes with a lot of warm browns, pinks, etc.  I've really been into trying greens lately so this was right up my alley.  It does remind me of the Natasha Denona mini retro a little so I probably didn't need it, but I just couldn't resist. I also bought a Milani mossy green eyeliner for my lower waterline.

I was hoping that it would get bad reviews so I wouldn't be tempted, but all the reviews/looks I've seen have been really good.  Can't wait to try it tomorrow.  Nothing I love more than trying new eye shadows (which is why I own way more than any one person should)!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Did you buy the new Anastasia palette?  I wouldn't have purchased it anyway since my collection is obscene but it's not quite my color story.

No I got an older palette - the ABH mini Soft Glam II palette.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

LOL

My Tiny Marvels palette will be here Sat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties!  It's been a busy week here in MOB land.  I think I'm on top of things but then I have moments of panick, thinking I've overlooked something. All the vendors are locked and I have my dress.  DH still needs to decide on his clothes. We're still working on our contribution to the song list for the DJ.  Our living room/dining room looks like a tornado came though - dishes we want to get rid of are stacked on the DR table, one area looks like a preschool with our granddaughter's assorted toys, books, and misc., then another corner has a collection of wedding decor and misc.  Aside from getting the dishes donated next week, I don't see anything else improving.  The clutter will continue to grow until this wedding happens in a few months. Oh, and we have a dishwasher being delivered tomorrow.  Of course, it requires a second appointment for installation so we won't actually be able to use it until next week.  The whole dishwasher thing has been a big frustration. The one we have is only a couple years old. It was still under the extended warranty so we've filed a claim and are still waiting on a status update. The replacement is the same brand but a different model, so fingers crossed. 🤞

Here are my beauty purchases for the week....

KISS iEnvy Lash Adhesive (clear) - I didn’t have any luck with the lashes but will keep trying with this glue when I get my next set.

False eyelashes multipack - they were inexpensive and cheap, really bad.  They look like plastic baby doll lashes!  I’ll keep looking.  I want something modest, soft, and wispy, and not so long as to hit my eyeglasses lens.

Perlier Black Rice Hyaluronic Gel & Vit C Mask Kit - the price was good so I thought "let's give it a whirl".

Skinn Divine Elixir Luminous Oil TS - too good not to get it. I have a regular size bottle unopened, but that's ok. I'm sure I'll catch up.  I've been using it liberally on my arms, mixed with the Korres Donkey Milk Serum during the day, and then the same but also topped with another body cream at night. My arms will never look like a 40 yr. old but I think it's helping. 

Skinn Divine Elixir Ayurvedic Lotion - this sounded good too,  I may use it for my arms in the morning.  

Skinn Sleeping Veil A/S - redid my A/S to a better price

Amazon subscriptions are staged to ship (assorted supplements, Keppi Electrolyte Powder, Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara, Pure Boost Drink Mix Sticks, Thank Me Later Eyelid Primer, DermaE SPF MineralPowder)

Laura Geller Quench & Tint Hydrating Foundation Duo - I already have this in my arsenal and it was a good time to restock considering the price.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - Oh how I remember the MOB days.  It will all come together - your makeup, dress, everything and you will look beautiful.  So will the bride of course!  The day will be fun and happy and meaningful - even when something doesn't quite go as planned as it always happens!  It'll be fine and it will be a lovely day.   Told a friend of mine when she was preparing for her wedding to remember to enjoy the preparations - all the chaos, the picking out of dresses, makeup, etc., because the day itself will go by so fast and you'll say "wait it's over already?"  So enjoy the now, the rush, the chaos, all of it and remember to breathe.  My friend thanked me later for the advice because she remembered to do that and said it really made a difference in how she looked back on her special day.

Now - I was curious about the Laura Geller Quench & Tint Hydrating Foundation.  Sounds like you already have it - do you like it?  Staying power? Shade match ok?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - Oh how I remember the MOB days.  It will all come together - your makeup, dress, everything and you will look beautiful.  So will the bride of course!  The day will be fun and happy and meaningful - even when something doesn't quite go as planned as it always happens!  It'll be fine and it will be a lovely day.   Told a friend of mine when she was preparing for her wedding to remember to enjoy the preparations - all the chaos, the picking out of dresses, makeup, etc., because the day itself will go by so fast and you'll say "wait it's over already?"  So enjoy the now, the rush, the chaos, all of it and remember to breathe.  My friend thanked me later for the advice because she remembered to do that and said it really made a difference in how she looked back on her special day.

Now - I was curious about the Laura Geller Quench & Tint Hydrating Foundation.  Sounds like you already have it - do you like it?  Staying power? Shade match ok?

Thank you, @JudyL 😊  I like the Quench & Tint for the moisture.  It doesn't give a lot of coverage, more of a general evening out, so I always add a powder over it, either Balance-n-Brighten or Pur Minerals.  For me, it's more for everyday when staying home but wanting something on.  I'd be fine running to the store with it on, but when I'm really "going out" I'd choose something else from my arsenal.  I've heard good things about L'Oréal Radiant Serum Foundation, or something like that, but I'm feeling challenged by the color chart.  So many options and many look similar. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - Thanks for your response.  Right now I have the tinted maracuja moisturizer from TARTE and its ok and I also have Laura's tinted moisturizer with spf 50 but didn't realize it was mostly a chemical spf and since I use mineral spf, I don't use it very often.  The Quench and Tint though has no spf, so thats a consideration for me too.  Maybe if enough people like it, she'll come out with a Quench and Tint with an spf.

Respected Contributor

I picked up 2 Elta MD spf 30+ sunscreens at my aesthetics office.  I had a radio frequency microneedling treatment and wanted to be sure that I had plenty of sunscreen on hand.   

Otherwise, just continuing to use what I have on hand.  Have a great weekend beauties.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I caved in and bought the Beekman Rose Berry set-----