Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 6/23/22

Good morning!  Being on vacation, I slept in a bit this morning so posting this later than usual.  Let us know your purchases this week and if you liked them enough to repurchase or maybe not?

Here's my list:

Paula's Choice - They were having a good sale so bought some things for my stash.  Skin Recovery Daily Moisturing Lotion spf 30.  This is a staple for me.  Won't be without it.  Works well with any skin care and foundations that I use.  Love it.  Discoloration Repair Serum - I had stopped using this for a bit and don't know if it was my imagination or not but I started noticing a difference so went back to it.  

Laura Geller - Bought Pink Grapefruit Blush n Brighten, Blush duo in Ethereal Rose/Sublte Berry, and the Baked Balance n Glow Correcting Foundation.  Ended up cancelling the TSV order because all I really wanted was the Balance n Glow so ordered from her website instead.  Also ordered the trio Eye Spackle from the Q.  Use this in combo with the Bobbi Brown undereye color corrcector and the combo works great as a concealer.

ULTA - An NYX lip pencil in Peekabo Neutral - this is a back-up as I use it so much.  Anasatasia Beverly HIlls - mini Soft Glam II eyeshadow palette.  The larger version has always been one I've thought about so saw this mini and decided to get it.  Don't have any ABH palettes.  TARTE - Maracuja juicy lip balm and juicy lip plump balm.  One was Peachy Beige and can't remember the other.  Have one of these already and love it.

ColourPop - The Smoke n Roses palette.

All of this should be arriving soon so it'll feel like Christmas at my house!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 6/23/22

[ Edited ]

Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Hydrating Body Shimmer Duet It is supposed to arrive today. Amy Morrison swears by this stuff, and her shimmer always looks great. I am excited to try this and see if it is as good as she says.

I have been watching a lot of Josie shows lately, LOL.

Josie Maran Argan Beauty Hydrating Lips Cheeks & Eyes Color Stick Duo arrived yesterday, and I tested one out. I will try the other today. The reviews are mixed, but supposedly they are reformulated. I was happy with the one I tried yesterday. I have never used cream makeup of any kind, so this is something new for me.

Josie Maran Argan Natural Beauty Color Sticks & Lip Gloss 4-pc kit. These just shipped.

Josie Maran Milk Eye Devotion & Super-size Milk Face Serum is another one that just shipped.

Josie Maran Special Edition 72-Hour Hydration Mist Duo These are out for delivery, and I am looking forward to trying these.

Josie Maran Super-Size Argan Divine Drip Sleeping Nectar This came yesterday, and I tried it last night. My skin felt nice this morning. I will alternate with my face creams for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Josie Maran Argan Whipped Body Butter SPF 45 Duo These haven't shipped yet. I use a chemical sunscreen and would like to try a mineral one. 

Josie Maran Argan Intensive Hydrating Milk Body Serum Duo I have loved the body butter, which gets such rave reviews. I will use it in the morning since I am using the Alpha glycolic cream at night.

Banila cleansing balm. I think I saw it recommended here, so I bought it and am very happy with it. I had used the It cosmetics in the past and never cared for it.

Natrium glycolic Serum. Monica mentioned this, and so I switched from The Ordinary one. I just started using it a couple of days ago. I had some hyperpigmentation on my cheek for years. After  IPL, Plasma Pen, Refraction, and RF Microneedling, it faded somewhat. Since using the glycolic acid, I have noticed it fading even more. I also developed new hyperpigmentation on my cheekbone, and the glycolic has almost vanished completely.

Sorry, I am on my iPad, and I don't know why the font and spacing are all weird.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris - sounds like you have some wonderful things coming your way.  I use the Josie Maran body spf 45 and really like it.  Hope you do too.  Enjoy all your new purchases.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@MG Chris - sounds like you have some wonderful things coming your way.  I use the Josie Maran body spf 45 and really like it.  Hope you do too.  Enjoy all your new purchases.

Thanks, I am excited.  I would like to try her face SPF but 33 just isn't enough for me. I have had a lot of procedures on my face and I have been told I need at least 50 SPF.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL    Hurry Fall  -- I am not fond of this very hot weather.  I manage to shop online 99% of time.  I was online at Target and purchased Tweezerman mini slant tweezers.  Tweezerman use to be the BEST but fell down a notch.  I hope these tweezers prove to be acceptable.  I hope everyone is doing well and if you are in this heat like I am, stay inside and stay cool.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Sephora called and wanted to know if I was ok Smiley Wink

Thank you @JudyL 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JudyL    Hurry Fall  -- I am not fond of this very hot weather.  I manage to shop online 99% of time.  I was online at Target and purchased Tweezerman mini slant tweezers.  Tweezerman use to be the BEST but fell down a notch.  I hope these tweezers prove to be acceptable.  I hope everyone is doing well and if you are in this heat like I am, stay inside and stay cool.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 - I agree with you!  Not a fan of this hot weather and where I live in the Bay Area we aren't used to getting it so very few people have A/C!  So on hot days - which we seem to get more and more of every year now - it's miserable.  Was watching the Q the other day and a question was "What is your favorite thing about summer?"  I said - out loud to the tv - Knowing Fall and cooler weather will be coming soon!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - you made me laugh - did you tell Sephora you are ok?  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I did Smiley Happy  

I'll be getting a fairly large credit with them shortly.  I returned 4 or 5 high end products that I didn't care for.  Just waiting for something to catch my eye.  I don't even have anything in my Amazon cart.  I'm expecting to faint when I get that statement this month Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   I use to live in SF and our townhome did not have AC.  I actually like the cool weather SF is known for.  The only time it got warmer was in October but that i changing too.  it's hotter now in so many places.

kindness is strength