Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 5/12/22

Good morning Beauties!

Let us know what you purchased or re-purchased and if you like it!

Here's my list:

EM Cosmetics:  Venetian Rose powder blush and Mona Lisa lippie.  Haven't received them yet.

Kosas - concealer.  Yep, trying again.  Bought it in 2.5C. 

Ulta - Ordered the L'Oreal Voluminous cobalt blue mascara.  Was reminded by all the talk this week about blue mascara how much I enjoyed wearing it "back in the day" so thought it would be fun to get one again.  NYX Thick It, Stick It Brow Gel has been on my wish list for a while.  Milani Rose Sugar lip scrub.  Have the Rose lip mask and love it and the scrub has been out of stock for so long so grabbed it while it was available.

Perlier - Have always enjoyed this brand from when it was on the Q.  Got 2 different sets of shower gel, body cream, etc.  Should be set or a while now.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Take care!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 5/12/22

@JudyL  and other "Beauty Junkies":

I'm still going through the heap of stuff from the DC workshop/"convention". Most will go to the office to use on clients...some makeup colors are too dark for me or have tried the products and not good for my skin type. 

It's amazing that companies can just  give a full box of PR with all shades of new shadow compacts (Dior) or Estee Lauder's newer foundation in almost a full shade range. 

Maybe in a few weeks, I'll need to purchase some of my "regulars".

Honored Contributor

@JudyL    Nothing from me this week.  Enjoy your weekend, everyone.  It is so hot here all week and 89 today but feels like 96/97 -- help!  Next week 70's.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Beauties!  I've been laying low the past couple of days.  I haven't been sick for three years but some bug got ahold of me. DH is insisting on one more day of rest so I've been hanging out in our bed, napping off and on, improving each day.  I did order my MOB dress last week and it arrived yesterday.  I like it a lot, but will try it on for DD next week and see what she thinks.  I also picked up a Patricia Nash purse while we were on out little trip. I needed a red purse to go with some Earth Origins fisherman sandals and it was a decent match. Reds can be tricky.  Now I need to find a medium blue color and expect a challenge there too.  We'll see.

As for beauty purchases this week...

BP Cuff Replacement - I've been getting inaccurate readings with my highly rated monitor.  The nurse and the cardiologist each said the cuff I was using was the wrong size.  

Charging Cord Replacement for Finishing Touch Nu Razor - I'm currently using my Me Chiclaser hair removal device, and making progress, but still felt like I needed a functional razor for occasional use.  I can't find the cord for the Nu Razor so off the Amazon I went. 

Maxmartt Facial Muscle Exerciser - cheap knockoff for a Facial Flex  We'll see what happens. 

Tweak'd Flexible Finishing Mist Duo - I already use this and it was a good price on HSN

Hairshark 3-in-1 Volume Backcombing Brush - I've never heard of this before but Amy got me on the Beauty Report last night. 🤷‍♀️

Fighting the urge to order some Perlier.  I have lots of soaps, body washes, lotions, creams, and body sprays and don't really need more. 

Trusted Contributor

Regenerist Ultra Rich Moisturizer Fragrance Free

I am trying this Olay Regenerist Micro sculpting cream fragrance-free for the first time. I finished all of my other face creams and face and body potions and actually bought this at the grocery store! It felt so good to actually use up every single cream and potion I had in my stash and buy something when I needed it. I don't ever want to get back to hoarding beauty products again! 

MINERAL WEAR® TALC-FREE MINERAL AIRBRUSHING PRESSED POWDER SPF 30

I bought this at the grocery store too. I think it may add a little extra protection from the sun along with sunscreen and spf bareminerals Rescue Cream.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing new for me this week. Working thru various skincare items and will probably have to order a couple of items next week.

I do know I need spf for the body. I mean at some point we are surely going to see some sunny days here in Seattle. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

All replenishing:

MD Complete retinol and also their vitamin C w/ retinol. Like these very much! Also prickly pear seed oil from GoW and blueberry extract to use in the toner/essence I make.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think I bought anything but I sure did.  LOL 

I bought the Physician's Formula Butter Believe It pressed powder.  I didn't really need this because although I have hit serious pan in my No. 7 powder, I still have plenty left.

Milani Color Fetish Matte Lipstick.  I swore I ordered Secret which is a light pinky nude but the color I got is a peachy nude and I want to think it was called Pleasure.  I don't like the color on it's own at all.  I have to put a gloss over it but I'll see how I feel about the formula.  Funny thing is I ordered it from Amazon and it's not showing up in my order history.  

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid. This stuff is an HG for me.  I have been using it for years so I was just replacing it.

Esteemed Contributor

Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer with SPF 30. The other Aveeno I had was close to expiring and the lotion had started to change. 

I'll be using the Aveeno along with Glow Recipe. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   - I have that powder and like it a lot.  Hope you do too.