Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 4/18/24

Amazingly nothing! I didnt shop the Sephora sale either.

Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@NYCTem77  - You got some great stuff!  Enjoy all of it!  

@JudyL Thanks!  Because of my job, the hubby and i live bicoastally unfortunately which is why I order multiples of certain products so I don't have to keep packing them with me. 

I'm very excited to now to use the Skinn products!  Any skincare line that can people's attention fot this long is clearly saying something.  I would love it to replace my PTR serum...its too expensive.

BTW did you purchased the DRMTLGY Physical or the mixed phyciscal/chem tinted SPF?????

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Honored Contributor

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@JudyL Thanks!  Because of my job, the hubby and i live bicoastally unfortunately which is why I order multiples of certain products so I don't have to keep packing them with me. 

I'm very excited to now to use the Skinn products!  Any skincare line that can people's attention fot this long is clearly saying something.  I would love it to replace my PTR serum...its too expensive.

BTW did you purchased the DRMTLGY Physical or the mixed phyciscal/chem tinted SPF?????

@NYCTem77  - I purchased the DRMTLGY Mineral sunscreen.  I live in the Bay Area and DRMTLGY ships from Los Angeles, so hoping I get it soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe @Icegoddess mentioned NYX Marshmallow primer and I picked up a tube to give it a try. I had no adverse reactions and makeup does seem to go on smoothly. It doesn't appear to be pore blurring on me...and I think Icegoddess mentioned she used a different one for that purpose...but I don't remember which primer she mentioned.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@NYCTem77  - I purchased the DRMTLGY Mineral sunscreen.  I live in the Bay Area and DRMTLGY ships from Los Angeles, so hoping I get it soon.

@JudyL What a beautiful area to live!  Don't forget tell us what think of it the moment you can!  I recently discovered the DRMTLGY line and got that sunblock. tnx!

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

I believe @Icegoddess mentioned NYX Marshmallow primer and I picked up a tube to give it a try. I had no adverse reactions and makeup does seem to go on smoothly. It doesn't appear to be pore blurring on me...and I think Icegoddess mentioned she used a different one for that purpose...but I don't remember which primer she mentioned.

@kate2357 I didn't see the post you're responding to, but yes, I use NYX The Marshmellow primer in the pink bottle.  On top of that I add Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer Base.  That's the one purchase I've made due to an influencer saying it was the best for hiding pores.  I use that only along the side of my nose and my chin.  It comes in a little pot very similar to the Nars Under Eye Brightener so I always look to make sure.  

Honored Contributor

Bought several things in the last couple of weeks.  Did not buy anything from the Sephora sale.  I couldn't log in, and then suddenly the day after the sale ended, I was able to log in again.  

Target: 

Neutrogena Sport Face Oil-Free 70+ Sunscreen.  It’s what I use on my face when working out in the yard. 

Versed (pronounced like cursed, not the drug) Day Maker Microcrystalline Exfoliator.  Impulse purchase while browsing the beauty section.  I haven’t been in Target in quite awhile.  I did sign up for Target Circle though.  I don’t know why they have to have something separate from their Red Card.  I’m not a fan of dealing with apps when I’m in a store or checking out. 

Dr. Bronners’s Peppermint Organic Lip Balm.  Because I love lip balms, especially ones that tingle.  It’s a repurchase. 

Orders Received:

Peter Thomas Roth Retinal Fusion Auto-Ship.

Baby Foot Exfoliation Foot Peel.  Always wanted to try it even though my feet aren’t in terrible condition.  I got it at 1/2 off on GMA Steals & Deals and free shipping. 

Moira:  Four Statement Shimmer Liners (Metallic Plum, Deep Taupe, Metallic Bronze, Champagne Gold)

Glow Getter Hydrating Lip Oil in Teaberry

Lip Divine Liquid Lipstick in Most - Jury is still out on this one.  Supposed to be waterproof and long-lasting.  The color is a bit brighter than I was expecting, and it needs a gloss or oil on top not only because I don’t like matte lippies, but because it feels so dry once it dries down.

Refectocil eyebrow/eyelash dye kit.  Comes with the dye in natural brown, the 3% oxidant cream (aka 10 Volume peroxide), a spoolie for applying it, and a small glass container for mixing it.  I won’t be applying it to my lashes, at least for now.  There are other colors available to use alone or mix, but I think the kit only comes in natural brown.  From what I’ve read, this is what the pros use. 

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL Nothing this week, but I purchased the Doll 10 kit from HSN a couple of weeks ago. For me it’s a fabulous kit and everything works beautifully. I’ve been searching for a foundation that has good coverage, but doesn’t look like foundation and this is it. All of the products are excellent for my dry skin and it’s talc free.
Honored Contributor

@nrm wrote:
@JudyLNothing this week, but I purchased the Doll 10 kit from HSN a couple of weeks ago. For me it’s a fabulous kit and everything works beautifully. I’ve been searching for a foundation that has good coverage, but doesn’t look like foundation and this is it. All of the products are excellent for my dry skin and it’s talc free.

@nrm  - I'm curious which foundation from Doll10 did you get in the kit?  I'm struggling trying to find a foundation that I truly like.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL I got the light medium. I’ve used Doll 10 in the past when it was in a stick form. At the time I used the light shade, but it was discontinued. The new set is much better because it doesn’t look like foundation and heavy yet it covers imperfections.