Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/24

One more thing (from the Ulta free shipping deal)

Ofra Cosmetics Glitch Palette | Ulta Beauty

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm a little late to the party this week.  We had company yesterday.  Our little granddaughter is showing signs that she's going to be taking off on her own soon, but for now she likes walking with help.  We did numerous laps around the living room, dining room, and kitchen.  After they left, I didn't do much of anything because this Nana was pooped. 

My purchases for the week were:

Revolution Superdewy Skin Tint (tinted moisturizer) - I didn't like it.  The color wasn't good and it didn't wear well.

Physicians Formula Butter Believe It Foundation - Not for me.  Not long after applying it separated and was patchy.  

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (Very Black) - This is a good mascara. The wand is curved and it has short plastic bristles to allow applying at the base of the lash without poking the eye.  On it's own, it gives a nice, natural look.  Applying over a lash boosting primer, like Essence, amps it up.

Vanity/Desk from Overstock - last year I refurbished a vanity I picked up locally, painted it and applied some pretty floral decals.  It came out beautifully.  Stupid me never thought to check the height when I bought it, I thought they were a standard size, and when I was painting it, it was up on a work table.  When I sat down at the finished piece, it was way too short and I couldn't get my knees under it.  Consequently, I've never used it.  DH put some landscaping blocks under the legs, but it's very unattractive that way.  I still want a vanity so I decided to order one during the President's Day Sale.  It was delivered yesterday.  We'll probably assemble on Sunday. 

114C88B0-934E-4A5E-8A1D-2FC62D25987B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee   

Please report back with the results.  I'm almost 100% sure I bought the Maybelline tint at one time but don't recall my thoughts on it.  With 10 of the Elf tints, I don't think I'll need anything in the way of a pink tint for a LONG time.

@monicakm

I'm wearing the elf pink lip tint and for me it's a bit too pink. It looks fuchsia on me which is fine but for everyday wear I like the Maybelline Baby Lips My Pink better b/c it's more natural looking with a lighter shade of natural pink. I like the way the elf feels on my lips....very moisturizing.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Lovely desk!  What do you use now to sit in front of while applying your makeup?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Sounds like you'll be able to get some use out of it??  Try applying some foundation on your lips first and see if that will lighten it up a bit?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Sounds like you'll be able to get some use out of it??  Try applying some foundation on your lips first and see if that will lighten it up a bit?

@monicakm 

Yes I will get some use out of the elf lippie just the way it is. Just not an everyday product for me however. It is a pretty shade of pink on me. I like it.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Lovely desk!  What do you use now to sit in front of while applying your makeup?

@monicakm  I've always done it in my bathroom until now. When we travel, I bring a lighted makeup mirror and sit at the table or desk in the room, and I like doing it that way. 

Honored Contributor

I carry my makeup mirror with me too when we travel.  I also put my makeup on (and my morning and night time face) at my vanity in my bathroom.  Have to sit down tho.  My back can't stand up that long.  Nice that  you have leg space if you sit down to put your face on.