Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/17

[ Edited ]

Good morning Beauties!

What did you buy this week?  Is it a new purchase or a replacement?  Let us know how you like it or maybe you didn't like it.  Looking forward to all the posts as I learn so much and also find out about new products I may want to try.

Here's my list:

NYX - Bare With Me concealer in Beige.  I have Light and felt it was a little too light but the beige isn't quite right either so I mix the two and its fine.  The shade between light and beige wasn't availabe in the store so will have to get it online from Ulta next time I place a order.  The more I use this concealer the more I like it and actually want to use it.  Out of all the concealers I've used - high end to drugstore - this is one that I reach for over all the others that I have.  I'll definitely continue to use it.

Beauty Blender - have never tried a Beauty Blender sponge so decided to finally get one.

Charlotte Tillbury - when I returned the NARS foundation to Sephora, I saw the mini CT Filmstar Bronze and Glow in light/medium.  Have always wanted to try this.  I like it, color is good and goes on and blends nicely.  Glad I tried it.

Hope you all have a good week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 2/17

I bought the store version of Cetaphil cleanser.  This is a replacement for me.  I use this every morning to wash my face, never at night if I'm wearing make-up.  

Honored Contributor

Just one thing. Cleansing balm. First time user and I really like this. It's only $10. 

Hot stuff: the 50 best summer beauty buys for £20 and under | Life and  style | The Guardian

Trusted Contributor

I bought a lot of stuff this week when the BoxyCharm Drop Shop opened up.  Some are repeats and some are new.  Couldn't resist the prices.  I've used the Laura Mercier, Sunday Riley and Stila products before and loved them.  I put the normal price in parentheses.  I've ordered from the Drop Shop multiple times and have never had a problem with an old product so it's a great deal when you can find something you like.  I also returned the Nars foundation and that was more than half the price of all of these items!

Morphe - So Chill Artistry Palette
SKU: AS-MOR-EY5SH02-G05
1$5.00 ($12)
Laura Mercier - Soothing Eye Makeup Remover - 100 ml
SKU: FG-LAU-SKWSH02-G08
1$12.00 ($27)
Sunday Riley - Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment - 30 ml
SKU: FG-SUN-SKSRM01-F12
1$39.00 ($85)
Chantecaille - Faux Cils Mascara - Black
SKU: AS-CHA-EYMAS01-G08
1$12.00 ($49)
Persona Cosmetics - 24Hr Waterproof Eyeliner - Black
SKU: FG-PER-EYLIL01-G11
1$4.00 ($14)
Stila - HUGE™ Extreme Lash Mascara - Black
SKU: FG-STI-EYMAS01-G12
2$9.00 ($25)

I didn't need another eye palette, but I'm a sucker for a nice cool toned one.

Morphe - So Chill  Artistry Palette

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only one thing for me this week

Roberts Research Labs Arnica Gel - I found it on the Vitacost website and it's a better value than the one on Amazon.  IIt's a big tube (7.5 oz.) for $6.29.   have mixed feelings about the arnica massage oil I'm currently testing. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Good morning Beauties/1

What did you buy this week?  Is it a new purchase or a replacement?  Let us know how you like it or maybe you didn't like it.  Looking forward to all the posts as I learn so much and also find out about new products I may want to try.

Here's my list:

NYX - Bare With Me concealer in Beige.  I have Light and felt it was a little too light but the beige isn't quite right either so I mix the two and its fine.  The shade between light and beige wasn't availabe in the store so will have to get it online from Ulta next time I place a order.  The more I use this concealer the more I like it and actually want to use it.  Out of all the concealers I've used - high end to drugstore - this is one that I reach for over all the others that I have.  I'll definitely continue to use it.

Beauty Blender - have never tried a Beauty Blender sponge so decided to finally get one.

Charlotte Tillbury - when I returned the NARS foundation to Sephora, I saw the mini CT Filmstar Bronze and Glow in light/medium.  Have always wanted to try this.  I like it, color is good and goes on and blends nicely.  Glad I tried it.

Hope you all have a good week!

@JudyL   The CT product has become my go to "blonzer". Think I mentioned it here.

Honored Contributor

@lkat - you did reall well! Love that palette too.

Honored Contributor

Urban Decay All Nighter. Don't actually have it in my possession yet but will be buying it later today.
Respected Contributor

I have just one purchase this week:  Victoria Beckham satin kajal liner in navy noir.   I have 2 other colors in this liner (Ashe and Olive) and love them.  The navy has been out of stock since early December.  Navy is my favorite liner (along with charcoal gray).  Don't know when it will arrive since the site said their regular mail deliveries are slow and I didn't need to go expedited on this. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@lkat I love the colors in that eye palette.  I can see why you bought it.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.