Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 12/2

@RooRoo  Those lip colors are gorgeous!  I had to order them.  Thanks, I think 😉😆

Honored Contributor

@scatcat 

Chicago winters are brutal 

So are Texas winters when it's 50 degrees and you're wanting SNOW storms! Smiley Happy  We did get some -1 temps this Feb with snow on the ground that lasted for over a week.  Gotta admit tho, at 62 that was a tad too cool for even me Smiley Surprised  Our 22 year old Trane HVAC unit made it thru that like a champ.  I just knew it was going to bite the dust and our family would find us frozen to death Smiley Surprised  HOW do you people up north manage electric bills when it's that cold for that long?  We have heat pumps down here and they're more energy efficient than regular heat but not meant for those kinds of freezing temps like we had this past winter.  At about 32 degrees they switch over to resistive heating which cost more to run.  For the first time in 40 years, we had an over $200 electric bill in Feb Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@RooRoo , You're an influencer!  Congrats Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Ha Ha Ha @monicakm  These lipsticks are so nice tho!  They have olive oil & just FEEL good.  I hope you enjoy @JeanLouiseFinch  

Aside from that freak weather last February, your part of Tx stays mild, right?  I'm going to NYCity tomorrow, the weather high is supposed to be around 40ish, and I'm wearing a light sweater & a puffy vest.  I love the cold weather!!

I cannot handle hot weather.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@RooRoo 

I love Salux cloths! But that Bee Stunning tool goes way beyond what Salux can ever do. No exaggeration!Woman Very Happy

It's on my radar now, LOL.  I will invest in one of these after the holidays.  Do you do this in the shower?  Ever since we cut cable & use YouTubeTV, I no longer get HSN.  I miss it sometimes!!   

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

Well, mild in the winter and early spring.  For the rest of the year it's downright HOT.   Miserably hot and humid.  Wish I was going to NY with you Smiley Happy  I've been 3x.  Twice on my way out of the country and once with dad when he was a pilot.  He had a lay over there and we did as many tourist things as we could do in one afternoon and evening.  Subway, carriage ride thru CP, Times Square, pizza and some shopping in those rows and rows shops that are narrow and deep lol

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Well I bet your a/c bills are high down there in TX in the summer!

We have gas heat, not electric, but both bills are pretty high. Our electric company is crooked, like most everything else in Illinois.

And not the entire Chicago winter is brutal, just 90% of it. Haha

I remember when you guys got hit last winter - threw you all for a loop!

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@RooRoo 

I love Salux cloths! But that Bee Stunning tool goes way beyond what Salux can ever do. No exaggeration!Woman Very Happy

It's on my radar now, LOL.  I will invest in one of these after the holidays.  Do you do this in the shower?  Ever since we cut cable & use YouTubeTV, I no longer get HSN.  I miss it sometimes!!   

@RooRoo 

Yes, you can use it in the shower. It comes with directions and you should follow them. You can also use it dry which I did but I did not stand inside the shower, as instructed, and I had a mess on the floor in my bathroom! So much stuff came off of my legs...it was shocking!Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@scatcat 

The entire state and I mean entire, froze.  That's some of the reason for higher fruit and veggie prices this year.  Yes, it was a shock to say the least.  

Because we use a heat pump for our heating and cooling needs, we've never had a $200 or more electric bill until this past winter.  Our unit is 22 years old and I'm wanting to get a new one now, while it's still working, so we don't end up with a broken AC unit in the middle of July.  And with parts being hard to come by now, we may be without air for weeks Smiley Surprised  I'll just take the dog and my makeup and leave.

Honored Contributor

Still waiting for my haul of Kiehls from Nordstrom-----