Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Let us know what you purchased this past week. If it's a re-purchase what do like about it that made you purchase it again?  If it's a new purchase, what made you want to try it?  Always enjoy reading everyone's posts!

Here's my list:

Dior - While Nordstrom was having their sale, I purchased 2 more of the eyeshadow quints - Soft Cashmere and Tutu.  Had swatched these at Sephora and liked the shades a lot and after getting my first palette - N*de Dress - I wanted these 2 also.  The quality of these palettes is so good, the shades all work well together, and I like their smaller size.  Have received the Tutu palette and the colors are amazing.  These are definitely pricy but I'm still glad I purchased them.

Laura Mercier - from her website I purchased the Mini Caviar Stick duet in Shimmer for DD and the Gift of Rose holiday set for myself.  This is a new purchase for me but wanted to try them for those days when I need my makeup to be quick and easy.

TARTE - the Home for the Holidays Maracuja Juicy Lip Creme 5 piece set that was shown here on the Q during their TSV day.  I have other Juicy lip products and love them so looking forward to getting these.  They are moisturizing, color is sheerer than a lipstick but a little more than a gloss and I like that.  I have found that I reach for them more than a gloss or lipstick.

Rare Beauty - From Sephora I got the Soft Pinch Liquid blush set.  It's their holiday set.  Also purchased her stick bronzer in Happy Sol.  This is new for me so looking forward to trying them out.  Swatched the blushes in the store and the color payoff looks amazing and trying the bronzer for the first time too.

Amazon - Ordered one lipgloss organizer and after it had shipped, I realized that a different one may suit my needs better so now have the second choice on its way also.  Also purchased more Neutrogena make-up wipes.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 9/29/22

@JudyL 

Morning ! I just made a purchase from Credo Beauty this morning . I purchased the travel size of Henry Rose Last Light fragrance . I already have Fog since Christmas .  I received a sample of this and fell in love with it . I get so many compliments and it layers well with Fog . I also purchased Evolvh Instavolume volumizing Mousse . 

Have a great day ladies ! 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Shocking, but nothing. I'm good. 😁

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

My goal is to get to the point I have nothing to add to this thread lol

But today is not that day.

Glowing Iris

Night of Creation

The LM trio is in the mailbox

Laura Mercier - Mini RoseGlow Caviar Stick Eyeshadow Trio

I don't care for this.  I'll probably return it.  It's lip colored.  Looks more pink on my screen.  Plus it's more of a cream vs glossy like the other one I bought that was a limited edition.  It feels wonderful tho.

Tatcha - The Kissu Lip Mask Plum Blossom Clean at Sephora

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Thursday, Beauties!🌻

It's seems I was on a Tarte kick this week, continuing what I began last week,  

Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lipsticks (Cherry and Rosy Brown) - actually ordered these last week but forgot to include them on my purchases.  I like them.  They go on smooth and feel good.  Fully pigmented.  They’re fine as applied but I like a little gloss over the top.

Tarte Home for the Holidays Maracuja Juicy Lip Creme 5 piece set - a nice variety of usable shades.  I'm hoping the lip creams will be more moisturizing yet without feeling gloppy on my lips. 

Tarte Ltd. Edition Rainforest of the Sea Palette - it was on sale, on the Tarte website, an assortment of shades that seem nice for autumn.

Tarte Treasures Custom Magnetic Palette- this is an empty palette that I will put some of my own single eyeshadows in.

Nassif Sugar Scrub for Lips - I've been using this already, and like it. I don’t actually need it yet, but it was on sale for only $11.20 so I picked one up.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I wore my Dior quint yesterday.  I'm going to have to give it another try.  At the end of the day MOST of the shadow was gone and what was still left on my eyes made them look 100 years old.  It MADE texture where there was none...yikes!  It was this one.  I'll try e/s primer next time.

Zoom view - Image 1 - Dior - 5 Couleurs Couture - Limited Edition Eye palette - 5 eyeshadows - floral pattern - high color - creamy texture

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - re Dior palette - Oh Dear!  Oh My!  Try it again with primer.  I have to wear primer with eyeshadow because my lids are so oily within an hour or so, my shadow is gone.  Hope you can make it work, else don't blame you for sending back.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I don't have oily eyelids so I was very shocked to see that the shadows were all but gone.  I'll definitely try again with primer.

Honored Contributor

I've swatched the LM Caviar Sticks on the back of my hand and love the colors.  They are NOT budging!

Valued Contributor

Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.

This was a first time purchase.  I do like that it moisturizes without migrating into my eyes.

@JudyL @monicakm @Shanus   I have a question regarding primers that you or anyone can help me with.  Is a regular face primer effective as an eyelid primer, or do you need to purchase a primer for eyes and another one for the face?