Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 9/1/22

@monicakm  - well it's supposed to get into the low to mid 90's where I am starting Saturday through Tuesday and I don't have AC!  Today and tomorrow its supposed to be mid to high 80's.  I do admit I'm a big baby when the weather gets over 80 here and I'm perfectly fine being teased about it.  LOL  When you get so used to weather that doesn't get over low to mid-70's and then it gets into the mid 80's - that's a heat wave!  Anything over 85 and I'm dying!  Just dying for sure!

My makeup will melt.  I may move my lipsticks, glosses, and anything else I can think of into the refrigerator.   

Respected Contributor

I have decided to start wearing Clinque's CC cream in Light Medium.  I used to wear this daily but stopped when I was wearing a mask at work daily.  I haven't been wearing a mask at work since March and I think I need some coverage to even out my skin tone.  

While I was at Ulta buying the CC cream, I also purchased Burt's Bees lip gloss.

I ordered a super size of Philosophy Microdelivery Wash as I use this daily during my morning shower and I am running out.  Got it with free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Totally forgot about you not having AC Smiley Surprised  I'd have to book a room at a hotel.  I too am a big baby when it comes to anything over 80.  Perfect weather would be 65-70, breezy and partly sunny.  The sky is boring without clouds.  At least when it was 107 for days on end this summer, the humidity was super low (for us).  Now that it's in the 80s, the humidity makes it feel like almost 100.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Don't you hate that you have to pay to buy pumps for the EL DW?  It annoys the ****** out of me.  You can find plenty of inexpensive drug store foundations that come with a pump but you have to pay extra for one for the DW.  I usually buy mine at Amazon where it's cheaper, but it still bugs me!

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Happy Thursday, and Happy September, Beauties!  Here's my list for the week.

Benefit High Beam Highlighter
- it’s creamy with a small doe foot applicator.  A couple of well-placed dots, then blend.  So far, so good.

Laura Geller Rose & Taupe Palette - ordered, but delivery ETA is tomorrow.

ELF Bite Size Rose Water Palette - also arriving tomorrow. Another addition to my pinks and roses, trying to hone in on my MOB look (two weeks away).  Pray for beautiful weather, please! ☀️ 🙏

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (Fresco) - arrived last night

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (Desert Beige) - arrived last night

Universal pumps that will fit the EL DW foundation - arriving today 

Opened a new tube of Tretinoin.05% - a staple in my routine 

🌻

@JeanLouiseFinch  "Dose of Colors Marvelous Mauves eyeshadow palette".  All shades are matte, you do need to tap off your brush but the shadows are pigmented and buttery, nice quality.  Only mentioning in case it would fill the bill and you hadn't seen it. 

Hope you get the best weather!

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Happy Thursday, and Happy September, Beauties!  Here's my list for the week.

Benefit High Beam Highlighter
- it’s creamy with a small doe foot applicator.  A couple of well-placed dots, then blend.  So far, so good.

Laura Geller Rose & Taupe Palette - ordered, but delivery ETA is tomorrow.

ELF Bite Size Rose Water Palette - also arriving tomorrow. Another addition to my pinks and roses, trying to hone in on my MOB look (two weeks away).  Pray for beautiful weather, please! ☀️ 🙏

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (Fresco) - arrived last night

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (Desert Beige) - arrived last night

Universal pumps that will fit the EL DW foundation - arriving today 

Opened a new tube of Tretinoin.05% - a staple in my routine 

🌻

@JeanLouiseFinch  "Dose of Colors Marvelous Mauves eyeshadow palette".  All shades are matte, you do need to tap off your brush but the shadows are pigmented and buttery, nice quality.  Only mentioning in case it would fill the bill and you hadn't seen it. 

Hope you get the best weather!

Thank you, @persiflage.  Yes, I've had that palette for several years.  It's a pretty one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been wanting to try the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks, and finally got 2. Didn't take too long to get here, all the way from the mother country.

Sunday Matinee

and Dance Card

Dance Card (Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colour)

They feel incredible & wear nicely! Magnetic close. I'm eyeing up a berry color now.

Trusted Contributor

Hello @JudyL and all the beauties!!

I bought an oldie but a goodie---

Ponds Cold Cream.  I wanted something to remove make up.  And it does.  LOL.  I have bought this in the past and I thought to use it again, because I finished my ELF cleansing balm.  And got to thinking isn't Ponds the OG? LOL

I also order but have not received an order from Bare Minerals' website.  I tried to buy what I needed at Ulta, Sephora and Macy's.  All sold out! Wonder what's happening there.  The woman at Ulta said she thinks they may be revamping some of their products.  IDK

I bought:

- the orignal bisque.  I use this as concealer all over. 

- the Well Rested.  I wanted to try this again (I had it a looonngg time again back in the early days of BM)

- the pure essence.  This was an impulse.  I wanted to try this one again, too.  

Happy Labor Day Weekend!