Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn and @Katcat1 - thank you for the birthday wishes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 8/5/21

[ Edited ]

Here we are, at my spendy week again.  Yesterday was the last day to amend my Amazon subscriptions.  I moved the delivery up a little on this shipment since we could be away from home during the usual shipping range. They'll ship in a few days and arrive by next Friday. I also added some things for fun. 🤷‍♀️

CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion 

CeraVe Eye Cream

Derol Lip Plumping Serum

Lankiz Magnetic Eyelashes Kit

Naturium 12% Niacinamide & 2% Zinc Serum

QRx Eye Reboot Serum 

Loreal Pro-Glow 24 Hr. Foundation 

Mizon Skin Power First Essence (switched from the Secret Key brand)

OGX Bodifying Dry Shampoo Foam

Proteinex Liquid Protein/Hydrolyzed Collagen

Assorted vitamins and minerals supplements 

I saw our DD yesterday for a trim and color (highlights & lowlights).  On the way home, I stopped at TJMaxx and found:

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Coconut Milk Facial Wash

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser 

An acrylic organizer for my lipsticks and glosses 

Honored Contributor

No-- I bought nothing this week--but last week---holy cow---those many purchases will  make up for the next few week or months of anything I think I need. I am loving Estee Lauders Micro cleansing balm---very nice

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Nice!  That's a lotta goodies you got there Smiley Happy

The Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser sounds interesting.

Have you ever used magnetic lashes before?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Nice!  That's a lotta goodies you got there Smiley Happy

The Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser sounds interesting.

Have you ever used magnetic lashes before?

@monicakm No, I haven't.  I've tried the adhesive type once and gave up. With the magnetic style, you apply a special eyeliner and the little magnets attach.  The set I bought has several pair of different styles.  Each lash has 10 magnets for the best security.  Many only have 3-5 per lash.  We'll see. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Good luck!  I know it seems like a no brainer but there IS a learning curve.  I've never tried them tho.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch     alba Botanica has very nice products.  I really like their unscented spray sunscreen.  Enjoy.  The coconut milk facial wash sounds wonderful.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Went to Ulta today.  First time in quite awhile.  Picked up several items.

Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydra Source Conditioner.  This will probably replace my current daily conditioner that has been discontinued.

Ouidad Advanced Climate Control gel (red bottle) - hoping this helps with humidity frizz.

Viper lip plumper.  Not sure why, but i have been kinda obsessed with lip plumpers lately.  I was a little disappointed with the Buxom I got.  I like the color, but it dried out quicker than I would expect it to.  I used it more like a gloss.  Maybe it is meant to be used as the main color with a gloss over.

Elf small angled brush

ColourPop eyeshadow palette in Off Melrose.  I didn't realize Ulta sold ColourPop, and I wasn't as wow'd by the the palette as I had been when seeing it online.  But, I combed over the store looking a palettes and just didn't see anything that said "take me home".  There were a lot of nude palettes or extremely colorful ones that said cheap to me. 

After I got in the car I noticed an awful, strong plastic smell.  I finally determined it was the Ulta bag.  I'm glad it wasn't one of my products, because I wouldn't be able to stand having that odor on me.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My guess is the reason you've been kinda obsessed over plump lips lately is because everyone lately looks like they've had lip filler and a LOT of it.  It's fine but I don't remember a time I've seen so many over inflated lips.  It has to be painful to stretch one's lips that much, right?  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm ain't that the truth.  That is not what I want.  I realize to actually plump my lips, I would have to get fillers, but I have seen too many bad lip jobs I won't do that.  I don't want fish lips.  There's a couple of actresses on my favorite soap that do it.  One of them, in particular, it really made her less attractive.  All I can do is look at her lips and think how much better she would look if she'd let them deflate. I think you have to get them re-filled every so often too.  I would just like them to be a bit fuller and less wrinkly.