Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 7/29/21

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  I was released from the hospital today.  I was admitted on Monday.  Not exactly what I had in mind for starting the week off but I am getting better.  I hope you all have been shopping.  I took off for a short while but did received my No. 9 products by Trish McEvoy that I need to open.

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.  Stay safe slaways because we now have the Delta strain to deal with.  Our chances of not contacting are better if you have been vaccindated.  Nothing is 100% but chances are better of contacting this new strain. So please be responsible and stay safe.  Your life is precious.  Cat HappyHeart

The No. 9 body lotion is heavenly and, of course, the perfume is beautiful.  I even received a funnel cup for the refillable pen size perfume.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 7/29/21

@Katcat1 Glad you are back home and out of the hospital. Rest and recover. We'll keep you company with our witty banter. Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 - I hope you are feeling better with each day.  Please take care.

This week I bought:

Smashbox Nudie Pic: light eyeshadow trio.  Received today so haven't tried it yet.

Ulta under eye primer - also received today and haven't tried yet

Too Faced Born This Way eyeshadow palette

Essence nude eyeliner pencil for lower waterline

Paula's Choice oil cleanser - will replace the Burt's Bee's oil cleanser when I'm done.  Its not that I didn't like the Burt's Bees, I just prefer Paula's Choice

Paula's Choice makeup remover - this is a new purchase for me.  Its replacing some other eye makeup remover that I am almost done with.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you've been sick. 

A couple of my items came on Monday and a couple today.

On Monday I received:

1.  Luxe Organix Refreshing Mint Co Wash Cleansing Conditioner.  I have been using this for awhile and shampooing just once a week, so this is just replenishing my supply

2.  Oribe Airstyle Flexible Finishing Cream.  Expensive, but I'm thinking might be worth it.  Between this and switching to a Tweak'd Styling Cream and cutting back on the hairspray, my hair feels like hair now and doesn't look stiff.  It's not perfect, but it's much better.  I still need some hold in the curls themselves so they don' frizz over time.

Today I received:

1. Hourglass Veil finishing powder.  This is also a replenishment of what I already had.  I had actually stopped by my baby Sephora the other day to get the travel size and they only had the regular size which is just way too much product considering I only use it once a week.  So, I went online to order it and Sephora had a deal for 3 products, so I also got:

2.  Houglass primer to try

3.  Hourglass mascara to try

These are also small sizes, but not one-use trial pkts.

4.  Buxom Full-on Lip Plumping Polish in color Dolly.  I know this is fairly old-school, but since it's been around for quite some time, it must work to some degree.  And I don't mind at all if it stings a little, in fact I actually like that.  I was really disappointed in the Stri-vectin Lip plumping formula I bought from HSN, besides the fact I couldn't really figure out how to use it along with lipstick.  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 I hope that you continue to heal at home.

I repurchased some of my favorite Chantecaille products at 30-40% off during their sale...cleansing balm, phytoactive solution, neck cream, and eye pencil among others. Nothing new, but products I use and love.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Get well soon, Kat, glad you're home safe and sound.

@Icegoddess I'm curious about that Hourglass primer.  I've seen Utubers rave about it off and on, and have been so tempted to get it.  Let us know if you like it and whether it's the pore minimizing type or the hydrating type.  

Let's see it's been a bad (good?) week for me.  I bought/recevied an Elemis Superfood cleanser and primer that was a Beauty IQ steal.  I've already tried the primer and it really makes several of my foundations look better.  

I also received a replacement of Kiehl's vitamin C serum and eye serum.

Then today I went all nuts on lipstick because it's National Lipstick Day!  I picked up two sets of three mini PAt McGrath lipsticks for half price ($12) at Sephora.  I figure there's got to be a couple in there I like!  

Now I have to save up for some of the fall launches.

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 it is a Mineral primer, no oil, spf-15.  That's all that's on the box.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   @Icegoddess   @Sammijo10  @dakotacheryl   Thanks, ladies for your well wishes.  I actually missed this forum.  LOL  My life is not that full.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You will LOVE the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Smiley Happy  I've been trying for months to find something I like just as much but for less.  Haven't found it.  

The only thing you'll need when you start to get low on product is a "spatty".  The product sticks to the side of the bottle.  There is still a LOT in there and as expensive as it is, you'll want to get every last drop. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

Wishes for a speedy recovery!