Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have more than enough makeup and am stocked up on skincare. I did, however order my Biotera Leave In Conditioner from Amazon. Great stuff, especially for curls. 

@Shanus  Which one of the Biotera do you use?  The one with marula or camilla oil?  This looks interesting.  I have curly hair and even though I haven't used heat tools during this shut in time, my curls looks a bit dry.  If I was to use a heated tool on my hair with this, would it cause yellowing?  I have white hair on top and sides, but still have some natural dark mixed with white in the back.

Looks like Amazon has the best price.......$9 where Walmart is $19.Woman Surprised

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 7/2/20

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I have more than enough makeup and am stocked up on skincare. I did, however order my Biotera Leave In Conditioner from Amazon. Great stuff, especially for curls. 

@Shanus  Which one of the Biotera do you use?  The one with marula or camilla oil?  This looks interesting.  I have curly hair and even though I haven't used heat tools during this shut in time, my curls looks a bit dry.  If I was to use a heated tool on my hair with this, would it cause yellowing?  I have white hair on top and sides, but still have some natural dark mixed with white in the back.

Looks like Amazon has the best price.......$9 where Walmart is $19.Woman Surprised

@tends2dogs   The Biotera Leave-In is the one w/ marula oil. It is not meant to be a heat protectant. I put it in my hair in the shower after my regular s&c and squish it in, rinse most of it out. I leave in a little so when I'm out of the shower and apply the Biotera Gel or mousse, it doesn't get crispy or form a cast. My hair's mostly white, too.

To combat the dryness, I deep condition w/ Shea Moisture masks (drugstore or Amazon). A leave in conditioner is usually partially rinsed out or too heavy and weighs the hair down and also not emollient enough to help dry hair. 

***The yellowing is caused by too high a heat and/or no heat protectant spray or cream. 

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I'm am making an effort to start styling my hair again so I sent for Davinines Strong hold hairspray. I adore this stuff. And it will hold your hair through a tornado. I also got Algentist Serum. Enjoy whatever you do for the 4th 🇺🇸🇺🇸

@godi , my salon carries Davines products and I love almost everything that they carry. The hairspray is the best that I have ever used and does not make the hair feel stiff or sticky.