Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 7/16/20

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  This summer is flying by.  We are half way through July!!!  I hope you found some bargains this past week.

I purchased:

Clinique eyeliner in Intense Clove.  I love their eyeliners because they have a  smear sponge on one end and the prices are reasonable. 

Share your purchases and your comments.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Stay Safe, Beauties.  Cat Very Happy

I bet if we all got together we would have some pretty, good looking women wearing makeup.  I love the fact, especially for mature women to still care about themselves and wear some makeup.  I don't care if it's just lipstick.  At least it is an effort to care about your appearance.  Hooray for all you Beauties!!

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 7/16/20

Never have seen Intense Clove--sounds great. But Clinique eyeliners seem not to stay put on me--I know they do for others, but not me. I found a solution in their Kajal (i.e., kohl) eyeliner pencils, but they only seem to have them every now and then. I highly recommend them. 

I've bought no beauty products since Covid started except an IT lipstick and a bottle of Dior nail polish. I didn't need either, but I sure like them. 

Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice:

1. Hyaluronic Acid Booster
  2. Peptide Booster
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Finally got to replenish Perlier Honey Miel, but not as body cream. Also a new face duo, Roxy by Gallany and a lip shade in Petal.

A new camellia oil, which I love, also geranium essential oil -- these to make my own blend for facial massage.

Still thinking about Diane Young's Awesome.

Honored Contributor

I'm on a brow product "kick". I've been experimenting with natural looking powders, pencils, gels, pens in cool tones for my silver hair. Most are in the grayish family, but my brows are still medium brown. Most brown shades I've tried have a reddish cast. 

As we speak, I have about 8 products I have not tried yet and 4 that were returned.

FYI, it's ridiculous now to purchase makeup without testers unless it's a repeat product. 

Maybe the finger poking in jars of creams will cease for demos on Q. Certainly not permitted anymore in stores. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I was wondering if testers could be available if only sales staff could obtain from a locked drawer and the SA wearing gloves.  I know it's asking alot but they may end up with a lot of returns if you can't test for the correct color/shade.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I bought a Japonesque brush that I will use with cream bronzer. Got it for $4.99 at Marshall’s..

Sonia Kashuk sponge. I love her sponges and they are $5 at Target. 

MineTan self tanner. This is my favorite brand of self tanner. 

Have a a blessed Weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I was wondering if testers could be available if only sales staff could obtain from a locked drawer and the SA wearing gloves.  I know it's asking alot but they may end up with a lot of returns if you can't test for the correct color/shade.

@Katcat1   I don't think we'll see that happening now for sure. There'd be too many protocols involving touching jars, disposal of used gloves, spatulas, etc. Maybe 6 months from now if (big if) we get a handle on Covid. Besides, the SA I've encountered are not properly trained to make an informed judgement whether a shade is correct w/o sampling on the skin...Double dipping, changing gloves. Nope, don't see it happening. 

Honored Contributor

A set of Japonesque brushes (from WM) and the Juvia's Place Violet palette.

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago when the MAC counter at Hudson's used a tissue to wipe the top of lipstick samples.  It made me queasy back then, it was the beginning of news about STD's.  I shop completely online now, since I buy so many try me kits it is easy not to blow money on a full size lipstick that I won't like.