Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 7/14/21

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,   I know I am starting this earlier than normal but I will be in the dentist's chair tomorrow having teeth pulled (4).  Enough about that, I hope you ladies have been doing some shopping (Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is coming up).  There are some good dealss; several years ago I bought my T3 travel dryer for $99 normally $150.  It works like a charm and lightweight.

Okay, I purchased Trish McEvoy's Sexy 4 w/Gardenia in the purse size.  10 days and still had not shipped.  I contacted CS and they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the purse size perfume.  Great deal but it's a little on the strong side for me.  I am thinking to spray it and walk into it or spray on hands from a distance.  I do love the smell of live Gardenias.

Share your purchases or reviews and I hope your weekend is filled with love and happiness (remember Al Green?)  lol  Stay safe always.

Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 7/14/21

@Katcat1 Good luck at the dentist, I hope it's not too bad!

You deserve a new lipstick as a treat after that!💗

Esteemed Contributor

Bought hairspray this week. Got home, cleaned out a bin under the bathroom sink and found a new, XL can. New purchase is going back- I kept the receipt.

Honored Contributor

I bought a new (well, new to me) CeraVe facial cleanser.  It's a cream to foam cleanser and what caught my eye was that it said it removes makeup!  It does remove facial makeup quite well but don't know if it's meant to remove eye makeup.  I would just use my regular Clinique eye makeup remover when and if I wear eye makeup.  Any how, I like it a lot and it really works nicely.  I just got Age Rewind makeu  but haven't tried it yet.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I bought this Olay cleanser. I used it a long time ago and loved it. So I'm going back to it. I plan on using this cleanser with my Pop Sonic Spade brush. 

ProX By Olay Dermatological Anti-Aging Exfoliating Renewal Facial Cleanser,  6 fl oz

$29 Amazon...that price sort of shocked me b/c I remember paying less than $10 for it back when.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I love reading these purchases each week. 

I replaced my Trish McEvoy Eye Basics Essentials, an eyelid brightener on its own and a great shadow primer. While at it, got another eye brightening pink pencil for under the brows (to highlight there) and line the inner lower rim of my eyes. 

Then onto BB. They had 40% off on site and I purchased my Serum Foundation. 

I've been trying to cut down on makeup purchases since decluttering.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased BeautyBio Glass and Gloss Facial Treatment, Item #A464807 . The 'glass and the gloss' are in the same jar, just at different ends.  OMG !  When I finally figured out how to open it up, the 'gloss' spilled all over my counter. This product seemed ok - but it needs to go back to the drawing table as far as the delivery system goes. Not impressed with that.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  @Katcat1 hope your dentist appt goes ok today

This week I finally bought a new lighted makeup mirror.  Had been looking for a while and yesterday turned mine on and it was so dark that I had just had it so bought one.  Should arrive today.

I bought one of those Sigma Switch brush cleaner thingies.  It shipped today so won't get here till next week.

Ordered some Bare Minerals Quick Change spray for makeup brushes.  Can't be without this, love it.  Also some new tweezers, if that counts.  Somehow I lost mine.  Ordered the new Burt's Bees calming toner, the Tarte Juicy palette (this is a reorder) and No7 Advanced Retinol Night Concentrate.  The toner and retinol will replace items I'm using now once I run out.  Both are new to me so will see how I like them.

Ordered last week and arrived this week were the two Milani blushes and the one Flower Beauty blush.  All three are keepers.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Hope you feel better soon after the extractions.

UD Lipliner in Naked 2

Olaplex no.3 Hair Perfector

Olaplex no. 6 Bond Smoothie Reparative Styling Creme (leave-in conditioner)

Maybelline age rewind concealer

Esteemed Contributor

I just returned from the co-op where I got a few samples of Evan Healy serum foundations in shades more appropriate for my summer skin color. 

These samples can be ordered from the Evan Healy website for &2.50/ea but my co-op does not charge for them. Win!