Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 7/14/21

@magicmoodz 

What is a co-op in the sense that you're using it?

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Do you like the balms?

Bless your heart!  I'm so sorry you had to go thru that Smiley Sad  Four extractions at once...yikes!  I guess it's good to get it all done at once.  I've only had braces and two wisdom teeth removed (two different times).  One  just fell out in the dentist's hands but the other was a bit harder.  Hope you're feeling mucho better by the time  you read this.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  I hope you're healed and feeling well soon!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My Amazon haul that I ordered last week was delivered today, as part of my auto-ship delivery.  I really like all the shades of NYX Butter Gloss I selected.  The PF Lip Plumping Gloss is kinda sticky, I'll be looking for a replacement. The COSRX Snail Mucin applied nicely to the back of my hand.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it does on my face.  I plan to start the QRx Glycolic Toner tomorrow.  

Have a good weekend, Beauties! 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Have you used any of the other QRx products yet? How did they work out?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My Amazon haul that I ordered last week was delivered today, as part of my auto-ship delivery.  I really like all the shades of NYX Butter Gloss I selected.  The PF Lip Plumping Gloss is kinda sticky, I'll be looking for a replacement. The COSRX Snail Mucin applied nicely to the back of my hand.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it does on my face.  I plan to start the QRx Glycolic Toner tomorrow.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee  So far, I'm only using the peptide serum and the eye elixir.  I will have my first try with the glycolic toner this morning.  I was going back and forth between the toner and the pads but since I'm using the Tretinoin at night I reasoned that I probably didn't need a a real strong AHA so I settled on the toner. We'll see. I'm only planning to use it a couple times a week.  I'm still a big fan f the Skinn Luminous Creme, but if I ever give it up, the QRx squalane moisturizer with rice protein sure looks like an option. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@SilleeMee  So far, I'm only using the peptide serum and the eye elixir.  I will have my first try with the glycolic toner this morning.  I was going back and forth between the toner and the pads but since I'm using the Tretinoin at night I reasoned that I probably didn't need a a real strong AHA so I settled on the toner. We'll see. I'm only planning to use it a couple times a week.  I'm still a big fan f the Skinn Luminous Creme, but if I ever give it up, the QRx squalane moisturizer with rice protein sure looks like an option. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sounds good!  I haven't tried the Eye Elixir or that Squalane moisturizer either. Just so you know, the GA toner will be sticky if you apply too much but it's very moisturizing. What did you think of that QRx Peptide Serum? 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sounds good!  I haven't tried the Eye Elixir or that Squalane moisturizer either. Just so you know, the GA toner will be sticky if you apply too much but it's very moisturizing. What did you think of that QRx Peptide Serum? 

@SilleeMee  For the price, I can't complain. I assume it's working, or at least maintaining.  I feel my skin is pretty decent for my age - not expecting to turn back the hands of time.  I look to peptides for firmness. I'm not sure if it's the serum, but I sometimes think it's also adding some moisture too.

Valued Contributor

From Beautylish I bought a couple of items.

The first is the Wayne Goss mascara. Honesly, this is the best mascara I have ever used. Love the brush-short rubbery bristles that dispense the perfect amount of product. The formula is also perfection. My lashes hold their curl all day, no clumping, no flaking, no migrating to the skin under my eyes. I cannot recommend this mascara highly enough.

The other item was the Holifrog Grand Amino Cushion Cream. I am using this as a night cream and I really like it. Two pumps and my face is covered. It's not too rich for my skin and in the morning my face feels smooth and moisturized.

I also received my standing order for ROC Retinol Correxion Night Smoothing Capsules. My skin responds nicely to this formula with no irritation and it has really improved the texture of my skin.

My order from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale hasn't been shipped yet, But I bought 2 beauty items:

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil Duo this is the staple that I use every day when I shower.

neuLASH® neuBROW® Enhancing Set This is new for me but I've read great things about it and the price was buy two for the price of one. Also, I've read that if you use retinol products on your face, be sure to NOT get them into your eyebrows as they can reduce the amount of hair in your brows.

Happy Friday and weekend everyone.

Trusted Contributor

@dakotacheryl How is Wayne's mascara to remove?  I love him and am very tempted to try it as it looks great, but I dislike mascara that's really hard to remove.

Good luck with the NeuLash.  Revitalash works better for me, but I know a lot of people really like the NeuLash.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

ETA - I forgot the mention the Coty Airspun Translucent Loose Face Powder.  It was super inexpensive but actually worked well for baking in my under eye area. Yes, it's talc, and it does have some fragrance, but I might just like it.  I'll have to keep playing with it and see. 

ETA #2 - Forget what I said about baking the under eye with the Airspun Powder.  I tried again this morning and it looked awful, really accentuated my fine lines.  As a light finishing powder, it worked pretty good.  I then misted some setting spray over it.