Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/3/21

[ Edited ]

I use this brush to tight line with shadow. Wet the brush then swipe it on the powder. The brush is perfect for it. The side profile of this brush is very fine so you can make a thin line right inside the lash line. Press, press, press it across the lash line and you could even wing it out if you'd like. @KLm  @Texasmouse 

Bdellium Tools Professional Makeup Brush Studio Line - Flat Eye Definer 714 

$8 at Amazon

568d8ed5-43fd-43bf-806b-1563b845a02c_1.342c04766fd4e09116aa3c47047d4e6f.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks! I think I have a very similar brush. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. Right now I use a brush I have had a long time. Seems to work ok.

Honored Contributor

I've seen the technique that squiggles black between the lashes but I thought tightlining occurred under the top lashes on the waterline.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee    That is a wonderful mascara by Maybelline.  I also like Lash Discovery.  And, of course, the price is right.  Maybelline has beautiful mascaras that beat a lot of the expensive brands.  You received a great deal.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bernie    I never heard of this brand Dime.  Please share us with a review when you can.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee -- Did I tell you that I finally found Full & Soft mascara a couple weeks ago?  I found it at my neighborhood Kroger for about $6.  I bought the last one they had.  I still haven't worn it yet.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@just bee    That is a wonderful mascara by Maybelline.  I also like Lash Discovery.  And, of course, the price is right.  Maybelline has beautiful mascaras that beat a lot of the expensive brands.  You received a great deal.

@Katcat1 

I've used it exclusively for several years.  Back when I could get a tube for under five bucks on drugstore.com.

I've always been partial to Maybelline mascara.  I used to watch my mother apply hers from that little red box.

Ulta is also sending me a "gift."  A Lash Sensational Sky High Washable Mascara mini.

Do I try it, toss it or give it away?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@just bee -- Did I tell you that I finally found Full & Soft mascara a couple weeks ago?  I found it at my neighborhood Kroger for about $6.  I bought the last one they had.  I still haven't worn it yet.  

@tototwo 

That's a great price considering Walgreens and CVS are asking $10+.

Let me know how you like it. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I also bought the High Tide palette by Colourpop.

I wasn't going to, but there is one shade in the palette that will help me dupe a palette I used to own, but the shadows didn't perform well.  It was the NYX Gloomy Days palette.  I really love the color story of that palette, but I decluttered it a long time ago because it was a pain to use.  I would like to put together my own version though, and I needed a dusty teal blue to do it. 

I'm sure I will use the other colors too, but that is what made me decide I needed to get it.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org