Valued Contributor

Got the colourpop High Tides shadow compact. These are so not my usual colors. I think tightlining with some of the colors might be fun, but I have no idea how these will work for me. The compact is just pretty, so I got sucked in lol.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL    I love Real Techniques brushes and I use their face sponge that's shaped like an egg (very reasonably priced compared to others).

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@KLm you use eyeshadows to tightline? You don't get powder falling into your eyes?

Valued Contributor

@Texasmouse  I'm not sure these will be good for tightlining, but the navy looks like it might hold together enough to do it. They just came today so I haven't used them yet.

Wayne Goss uses powders to tightline. He always puts a black in his palettes to use as a tightline. I have used his black for this purpose, and it works beautifully. In some ways it is easier than using a pencil. 

So my plan was to test these out to see if they hold up.

Trusted Contributor

Large cruelty-free Joah beauty haul.  Pacifica vitamin C mist. Bliss watercream.

Respected Contributor

@KLm I assume you would wet your brush?

Honored Contributor

Finally found a sale price on Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara.  Ulta had a buy-two-get-one-free deal that worked out to $6 a tube.  Bought six.  Won't have to think about mascara for at least 18 months. Woman Very Happy

Your Best-Bet Drugstore Mascara | Into The Gloss

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor
I purchased some Dime Beauty products. Anxious to try this clean, reasonably priced brand.
Valued Contributor

@Texasmouse  I don't wet the brush with the Wayne Goss shadow. It goes on dry and I push it up into my lashes. I even have difficulty getting it off at night.

If necessary I would wet the brush to tightline with the colourpop shadows. I'm not sure they are the same quality as the WG shadows. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@KLm you use eyeshadows to tightline? You don't get powder falling into your eyes?

@Texasmouse 

Sometimes you can use a wet liner brush and swipe that across the powder then apply it that way. Being wet going on seems to set it so it doesn't fall out.