Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/17/21

I placed a small Sephora order only for things I needed. 

The Ordinary Oat Cleansing Balm - they were out of the Sephora Collection balm which is my go to so I'll give this a whirl.

Sephora Collection Targeted Wrinkle Serum - I am trying this in place of The Ordinary Buffet serum which did nothing for me after using the whole jar.  Maybe it takes longer than a whole jar but I don't notice any difference so I'll give this one a try.

What I really want is Volition Skincare Water Mushroom serum.  That came in a BoxyCharm a number of months back and I used it and loved it.  However, it's expensive so I was trying other things to see if they worked as well.  I may have to bite the bullet on this one.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whew, this was a BIG spendy week for me as my Amazon subscriptions shipped.  In addition to all of my supplements (some beauty related)....

Amazon:

CosRx Galactomyces Essence

L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara 

CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Closys Silver Mouthwash Duo

Costco:

Brush On Block Mineral Sunscreen Powder Duo

Ulta:

E.L.F. Lip Shine - Cherry

E.L.F. Lip Shine - Giddy

Walmart:

NYX Lip Liner - Stockholm

L'Oreal Brilliant Eyes Liquid Eyeshadow - Crystal Shine

L'Oreal Brilliant Eyes Liquid Eyeshaow - Rose Gem

Trip to the salon yesterday for a trim and highlights 

I'm not super crazy about the NYX lip liner or E.L.F. Lip Shines but think they'll be good enough if I don't find something better.  The liner is a pencil and not creamy at all.  I'm looking for a melon/coral shade to go with an orange top.  I'm going to one final place tomorrow so we'll see. 🤞

Honored Contributor

Just now.  The lip scrub I wanted and two Colourpop SSS.  

And waiting on a teleconference from my dr who is 1 hr 15 minutes LATE!

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

I rarely have a change ladies, but I was extremly frustrated with re sharpening the ole eye pencil and repeatedly re lining over the same area to get a lay down of color.

I have really enjoyed the few Bobbi Brown products I have used, so I ordered the black gel eyeliner!

See the source image

LOVE AT FIRST USE!!!!!Smiley Happy

So easy and fast to apply, the color laid right down and frustration immediately evaporated!!!!!

I take it all off with Purity by Philisophy!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I keep seeing references to mushroom products for the face. I don't think I could do that.  Snail snot, yes.  Mushrooms, not so much Smiley Surprised  What do they claim mushrooms do?

Honored Contributor

Bought the Sephora brand navy eyeliner as a replacement for Fenty's navy liner that lasts ALL day.  If this one doesn't work, it's back to the high end product that I know works.

Tonight I bought this for whenever my granddaughter is ready for it.  Looks perfect for a beginner.  If she doesn't want it, I do.  I love the peachy pinks.  That middle shade is a pressed glitter.  I'm going to tell her mother to pop that shade out.  Pressed glitters are too dangerous for the eye area.

Colourpop Makeup | Brand New Colourpop Miss Bliss Palette | Poshmark

Honored Contributor

using the various beauty bag things----nothing that seems to "change" my life yet----Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    A few of those shadows could be used as blush.  That is a very pretty pallette.  You granddaughter(s) are going to love coming to Grandma's house.  YOu can spoil them with makeup which I think is a good thing.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a kid and even into my teens I used Prell shampoo. So I decided to try it again just to use it as a clarifying shampoo and now I love it. I've washed my hair with it three times in a row and my hair is full, soft, so shiny and clean. I can't believe it. No wonder it has been around for over 70 years. 

download (1).jpg

It's loaded with sulfates and will strip hair color. I don't color my hair so that's not a problem for me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

As a kid and even into my teens I used Prell shampoo. So I decided to try it again just to use it as a clarifying shampoo and now I love it. I've washed my hair with it three times in a row and my hair is full, soft, so shiny and clean. I can't believe it. No wonder it has been around for over 70 years. 

download (1).jpg

It's loaded with sulfates and will strip hair color. I don't color my hair so that's not a problem for me.

@SilleeMee 

It's the shampoo my stepfather always used.  That green bottle was a fixture in our home.

Remember when it was in a glass bottle?

On Hitchcock, Psycho and the Auteur Theory | Things

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~