Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/17/21

@just bee 

I just remember the hour-glass shaped bottle from when I was a kid. Then they put it in a squeeze tube after that. 

I just love it b/c I have oily hair and sulfate-free shampoos require me to use a lot of it and scrub, scrub, scrub to get my hair clean. Not so much with Prell. It cleans so fast and with very little effort so my hair isn't traumatized...lol! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    OMG!  Prell shampoo is still around.  That's one of the shampoos we used growing up.  There were no fancy shampoos.  I thought Breck was a fancier shampoo so I tried that too.  Back then you had no idea what a sulfate was or cared.  Remember Ipana toothpaste with the Beaver?  Brusha, Brusha, Brusha?  LOL   I have to pick up a bottle of Prell sulfates and all.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@just bee 

I just remember the hour-glass shaped bottle from when I was a kid. Then they put it in a squeeze tube after that. 

I just love it b/c I have oily hair and sulfate-free shampoos require me to use a lot of it and scrub, scrub, scrub to get my hair clean. Not so much with Prell. It cleans so fast and with very little effort so my hair isn't traumatized...lol! 

@SilleeMee 

I remember it smelled pretty good, too, but they've probably changed the scent since I last sniffed it (1970s).

Boy, the sulfate issue is really confusing.  I've tried products with and without and the only difference is that sometimes the sulfate-free products leave my scalp a little itchy.

Right now I have Suave Almond + Shea Butter and Alba Botanica Coconut Milk and I'm having a hard time seeing or feeling a difference.

There's definitely a price difference.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee    OMG!  Prell shampoo is still around.  That's one of the shampoos we used growing up.  There were no fancy shampoos.  I thought Breck was a fancier shampoo so I tried that too.  Back then you had no idea what a sulfate was or cared.  Remember Ipana toothpaste with the Beaver?  Brusha, Brusha, Brusha?  LOL   I have to pick up a bottle of Prell sulfates and all.

@Katcat1 

I remember using Breck for a short time in college.  I liked it because it smelled like tea.  But when it came to great scents, Flex was number one!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

I have to chime in on the Prell.  I used it this morning.  I can get three days before the next wash.  I absolutely love it and when all my stash is gone, I will buy Prell exclusively.  I can find it in my local Walmart and it is available online at the through Walmart.  It smells wonderful and my hair is full, soft and clean.  I do not color my hair so no issue here.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

You're right, they could be Smiley Happy  It's going to be hard for me not to stick my fingers in this palette!  I can always buy another one Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had no idea this was still on the market Smiley Happy

eta...Prell

Honored Contributor

Took advantage of Target's 25% off beauty items deal and stocked two tubes of Lumene CC cream  

LUMENE CC Cream 6-in-1 - Semi-Matte - SPF20 - 6 Shades - Vegan - New | eBay

and three Burt's Bees tinted lip balms: Rose, Hibiscus and Red Dahlia.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't it Prell that the commercials showed a lady dropping a pearl into the bottle and it took the entire length of the commercial for the pearl to hit the bottom of the bottle?? 

I've looked for Prell at local stores, but can't find it.  Where did you buy it?  Thanks

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

My Walmart carries it, about $3.00.  It's great for removing product buildup but it will also strip hair color.