Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/10/21

Ok, ladies.  Ya'll need to get yourself a cup of coffee or tea or whatever you would like to drink cuz my list is long this week and its going to take a while to get through it.  @monicakm think we both had a need for some retail therapy this week.  Here goes, are you ready?

Ordinary Marula Oil - bought because of posts on here about it and will use it mostly in my hair

Maybelline Fit Me Blush #25;.  Nice color and staying power.  Will keep.

Revlon Ravishing Rose Blush - pretty color.  Haven't tried yet.

CeraVe Tinted Moisturizer - arrived yesterday.  Put a little on the back of my hand and didn't seem to have much color at all.  It has a spf of 30, mineral sunscreen so wanted to try it.

QRx - Glycolic toner and Eye Reboot.  They arrived yesterday so tried last night.  Too early to tell how I like them

Belle Beauty Shero Shadow Sticks and Liner - Not sure about these.  One shadow stick is glittery so thats a no go but the other one and the liner seem ok.

NYX lip glosses - these are wonderful!  They are smaller than a regular lip gloss and at $5 each, I purchased quite a few and all the colors are great.  Will definitely repurcahse

NYX lip pencil - in natural.  It sems to be fine and can't beat the price

Maybelline BB cream - Seems fine.  Think it has more tint than the CeraVe tinted moisturizer and it also has an spf of 30.  Bought in light/medium.

CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion - I like this.  Have been using it for the last 4 or 5 nights and its a nice summer night moisturizer.  During the winter will use the CeraVe skin renewing night cream as it has a heavier consistency.

Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil - Haven't used this yet as I'm finishing up with my Paula's Choice cleansing oil.

Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer - This is nice and will keep.

Also bought a couple of Real Techniques blush brushes for the new blushes and bronzer.

Whew!  That list was a little scary to write!  LOL  Did order some things from the Laura Geller website and some Tarte items but since I don't have them yet, I'm not counting them as purchased until they arrive - thats my rationalization anyway and I'm sticking with it.

Have a good week!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    I hope you realize that I was joking with you. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

You don't seem to have a mean bone in your body so I'm not sure what you thought you said that could have been construed as rude/kidding Smiley Happy  

ps...got the blush!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Marula Oil has made my thin-ish brows into bush caterpillars Smiley Surprised  Got it for my face.  Didn't realize when I purchased it that it encouraged hair growth.  Googling seems to indicate that Rosehip Oil is more widely used for hair growth tho.  BUT, I didn't see an increase in brow growth when I was using it on my face.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I would almost spend $200 to zap those pesky chin hairs for once and for all!!  I have to use a lighted 10X mirror to see them and my face does NOT look good at 10X Smiley Surprised  It's like Wayne Goss filming in 4K and getting super close to the camera combined with my 4K 32" monitor.  No amt of makeup looks good!  I told him I was glad people can't SEE in 4K in real life! lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I can see myself using all these blushes, some with a lighter hand than others.  Just looks like the ultimate blush palette (for me).  First time Ms Allie Glines has "influenced" me to buy anything (I think).  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I would almost spend $200 to zap those pesky chin hairs for once and for all!!  I have to use a lighted 10X mirror to see them and my face does NOT look good at 10X Smiley Surprised  It's like Wayne Goss filming in 4K and getting super close to the camera combined with my 4K 32" monitor.  No amt of makeup looks good!  I told him I was glad people can't SEE in 4K in real life! lol

@monicakm 

Oh I know! I have a few really dark and thick mustache hairs which pop out occasionally. I'll zap those away, too.  I can't wait until that thing gets here to start using it.

Honored Contributor

I have a few mustache and chin hairs that literally grow OVER NIGHT.  I'd like to see a fast motion video of my face while I slept.  They grow at night!

Respected Contributor

Ok so I'm going to pivot from chin hairs and mustaches.

I ordered Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom.  Fingers crossed I like it. I remember the SA at Nordstrom said if I liked Nectarine Blossom and Honey I'd like this. We shall see.

Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Conceealer. They were buy 2 get 1 free at Ulta which I didn't know until I was checking out with 2 and the SA told me. Bonus! 

Free B'day Ulta gift Tarte Maneater Mascara 

Revlon Lip Gloss is Taupe Lustre

Suave Naturally Derived Shampoo 
in the one that makes your hair shiny (cactus?)

These looked interesting they are in a juice bottle 

Maybelline Shine Compulsion Lipstick in a shade I already have which I swore I didn't have

Have a good weekend ladies 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Don't mind me jumping into your conversation but after we lose our hormones anything goes.   Why do we suffer so? 

kindness is strength