Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/10/21

Today at a yard sale: both NIB:

Bond #9 High Line EDP 3.3 oz

Juliette has a Gun Vanilla Vibes  EDP 3.3 oz spray

$15.00. For BOTH.

I will put both up for sale. Shocked by the retail price of the Bond #9, a scent I don't care for. Too "green" for me. Mixed reviews on the JHAG.

Honored Contributor

No purchases but got a b-day gift from Ulta and a wonderful haircut there too----

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I tried getting back on some estrogen/progesterone a couple of months ago MOSTLY for some energy.  I didn't quite make the month when my face started to break out.  No thank you!  And it didn't help with energy.  My neuro says my fatigue and cognitive issues of late is my MS.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   So you have an auto immune disease too.  Yours is quite serious.  Mine is serious but not as much as yours.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and I actually got it late in life at 60 years old which is unusual.  I cried when I found out.  I hope you are doing well with your medication.  I inject Enbrel once a week and it really helps me and has put the deterioration of my joints on hold.  I hope you have a super weekend.  Get on that computer and shop.  I just bought a CC by Juice Beauty from HSN.  It is very, very nice and I am definitely keeping this one.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@wagirl    Happy, happy Birthday.  I hope all your Birthday Wishes come true.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I can empathize with you finding out about your RA diagnosis.  I passed out and would have hit the floor if my Dr and mother hadn't caught me when he told me my MS diagnosis.  I thought the worse and had myself dead and buried.  Do you have any side effects from the Enbrel?

Yes, I have 3 auto-immune diseases.  MS, Hashimoto's and Fibro Myalgia.  Neurontin helps with the FM a LOT!  I've been tested for RA and told I don't have it.  I've  been off my thyroid medication for about a month.  It makes me sweat soooo bad!  Rules my life and what I can and can't enjoy not to mention horribly embarrassing.  I know being off of it is dangerous.  I have an appt with my endo next week.  I'm hoping she can find an alternative to prescription medication.  I was going to try the Thyrovanz someone here was kind enough to post about but decided to wait till I've had my appt so nothing will skew the test results.

I've had MS since 1991.  Was put on an injectable but couldn't tolerate the side-effects.  Story of my life!  My MS has been very very mild.  Most of the time I don't even remember I have it.  Haven't had an exacerbation in years!  But when I saw my neuro last she said my cognitive issues and fatigue was most likely MS.  Got up one morning in Feb in 1991 80% blind.  I was home-schooling my daughter at the time.  My dad took over for awhile and then I had to put her in public school Smiley Sad  She went into 4th grade testing at a 6th grade level Smiley Happy  The librarian had the nerve to ask me "does she know how to read?" 

Hope it's cool enough for you to have a nice weekend.  IMO, Texas should just shut down between June and Oct-ish LOL  Too darn hot to do anything!  Heat is the #1 enemy of anyone with MS.  Makes a limp noodle out of ya till your core cools off!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Happy Birthday Medicare

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a second Sonia Kashuk Professional Tapered Powder Makeup Brush No. 107 (available at Target).  I wasn't sure I liked the first one I bought, but I was having trouble getting my Milani bronzer to blend nicely, and tried that brush.  I love it with that bronzer!! 

The Milani bronzer is more pigmented than other drugstore bronzers, so needs a less dense brush if you want a lighter application.  I like to have 2 of my favorite brushes, so if one is drying after a wash I have another to use.

Brush:

Sonia Kashuk™ Professional Tapered Powder Makeup Brush No. 107 : Target

Bronzer:

Milani Silky Matte Bronzer in "Sunkissed"

Milani Sun Kissed (02) Silky Matte Bronzing Powder Review & Swatches

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   You are a sweetheart and you make me laugh.  I was first put on Humaira and it stopped working for me so I was then placed on Enbrel and I have been fine since then.  I wanted to be treated aggressively to get a grip on the disease.    I still experience fatigue but I do not have any side effects with Enbrel and I receive it for free through a foundation.  It is very expensive and I could not afford it.  I think shopping is your therapy and I say whatever works.  I do have pain in my left foot as it is bone on bone in my big toe.  The hot weather is bad for my COPD.  Oh, thanks for smoking, Kathy (me).  I have not smoked in 8 years but it was too late and I need oxygen when walking.  Seems we turned this Beauty thread in Medical Issues.  LOL  Let's both have an awesome weekend and find some beauty item we love.

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of posting coupon code