Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases 6/10/21

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  It is so hot here 90's in Chicago.  I stay in the air conditioning.  I hope you all had a great week.  I purchased this Neo Nude foundation on sale now at Nordstrom for $34 but cannot find the right shade (twice).  Needless to say I am embarrassed for having to return both.  I will not try again. Share your purchases and have a wonderful weekend.  Cat HappyHeart

Beauty Brands like Mac, Armani, Dior, Estee Lauder, etc. 15% off at Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 6/10/21

I bought a few things this week, but didn't spend a lot of money.

Color Block Sunscreen Powder - there's a duo on Costco.com for $19.99

Essence Volume Boost Lash Primer - $4.99 on Amazon
Essence Stylist Fiber Mascara - $4.99 on Amazon
Essence What a Fake Mascara - $4.99 on Amazon

I've tried the primer and the fiber mascara and they both were a pleasant surprise.  I'll try the "What a Fake" tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Is this a skin tint?  I had trouble finding my shade in Urban Decay's HydroManiac skin tint. I'm now wearing Fenty's skin tint in shade (#4).  The shade range is a bit more limited than a full coverage foundation just due to the nature of the product.  One shade is supposed to "fit" a wider range.  Fenty has 25 shades!  I didn't realize that.  Looking at the shade descriptions, I wonder if I should have bought #2 Smiley Surprised

I made a purchase yesterday.  I've been putting this off and finally bit the bullet and bought a full size Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. Tomorrow at 1pm I'll purchase Jaclyn's cool blush palette called The Jaclyn Cosmetics Bougie Rouge Collection (cool palette).  $45 for 6 full size blushes.  There is also a warm palette.  From eBay I purchased Tatcha Rice Wash and a Benefit highlighter in Tickle (already have Cookie).  Also The "Blonzer" but I'm sending it back because it's too much like Nars Org*sm and I like the Nars product better.  Also sending back the Colourpop Chiffon blush.  It's a gorgeous peachy pink but I don't want glitter on my cheeks!  CP doesn't take returns but they do exchanges.  Oh, BH Cosmetics "Do Not Disturb" e/s palette...hummmm not sure yet how I feel about this one.  Will take some more time using it.  Didn't like the way the shadow performed.  I'll have to try it again with my Fenty concealer as e/s primer.  

It was a very very stressful day today.  The kind of day that would make most husbands sorry they rushed home from work Smiley Sad  I needed some retail therapy.

Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish

Capture.JPG

Image - The Rice Wash

Benefit Cosmetics Tickle Powder Highlighter | Ulta Beauty

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    You crack me up!  You need some retail therapy.  OMG!  Watch out stores, here she comes.  I have to say that with all these cosmetic companies that they would get the shades right and the product.  Why is it so difficult to find a light coverage product?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   Good morning! I agree that @monicakm  needs some retail therapy...more makeup than I have in my office. LOL 

@monicakm  I would love to see your makeup drawers. Wow!!!

My purchases for the week, not as exciting:

1. I needed another Elta MD Restore SPF 

2.  L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (3 of those)   

3. Bare Minerals has a Friends and Family 25% sale and I purchased a few lip glosses 

4. BB Ballet Pink lip liner and another BB Tinted Moisturizer. BB Foundation Sticks in Alabaster and Porcelain. So disappinted BB didn't have a sale for Memorial day, so bit the bullet and paid full price. 

5. Apricot Oil...this is new for me. I saw an interview with Bobbi and she highly recommended it. She has super dry skin and uses this daily on face and what's left on her hands, she rubs on her hair. It supposedly has Vit. C and E in it. 

6.  Got 2 B Thickening Mousse. This is my favorite for shorter hair. I couldn't find it in the drugstores and ordered it from Amazon.

***My purchases listed each week do not include makeup/supplies purchased for my business. Boxes arrive daily.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

My poor makeup drawers are a mess right now.  They are over flowing.  I never thought I'd need more space than what I have plus I have a large makeup bag that sits on the side of the soaking tub...wide rim around tub (that is attached to the vanity).  I have more space in one of my bathroom closets but I want everything where I can reach it.  DH told me about a month ago it was time to slow down.  I did but after yesterday the only thing that could sooth my nerve wracked body was good ol' retail therapy from the comfort of my office.  I'm sure when my granddaughter gets interested in makeup, I will let her "shop my stash" lol

Oh and I did buy some Loreal Voluminous Mascara for my bottom lashes (from WM and a navy pencil but it doesn't hold a candle to Fenty's navy liner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a laser hair remover pen.  I have very full brows with a lot of strays. Seems I'm plucking those strays almost everyday. So I got the Epilady Epilaser Stylus to get rid of having to pluck. Hair will be permanently gone and I'll be happy with that. I can also use this to get rid of any other hair on my face, too, not just brows. It's precision tip can get individual hairs anywhere. It's about the size of a large magic marker.

Epilady Epilaser Absolute Laser Stylus

Epilady | Hair Removal Laser | LovelySkin™

$200

ETA- My derm wants wants $200 for a single laser hair removal treatment plus she said it might take more than one session to get the job done. I would have to make an appt and go in monthly until the hair is gone....no thanks.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Even before COVID, my makeup routine is so narrowed down to just several choices in each category. I prefer a simple, neutral and natural look. My GDs now have many palettes, glosses and blushes to play with.

So many palettes have had similar shades (pinks/rose shades) and I find I only used a few in each and the rest were a waste of money. Face palettes never again. I've purchased several w/ shadows, blush, highlighter and jsut don't go to those. 

I only do a full face of makeup for a more professional look when working. How would it look to be almost bare faced and doing makeup on others?

Honored Contributor

No stores will be or have been harmed during my retail therapy shopping spree.  I shopped from home Smiley Happy  But if I get to the computer at 1 at the launch of Jaclyn's blush launch (11am PST) and it's already sold out, well I'm in the mood to hurt someone Smiley Surprised  Let's just say there is a special place in h*ll for people that don't do what they say and don't say what they mean (the cause of ALL my stress starting yesterday morning)!  To quote dear old dad, "life hard".  Actually that was dear old dad's Chinese flight attendant.  Speaking of dear old dad, I need to get his Father's Day gift ordered!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a purchase, but my hairdresser gave me a half used travel sized bottle of Morrocanoil Treatment.

I asked here a few days ago about taming uncontrollable frizz.  She determined that it's mostly caused by super dry hair.  She said to put a pea sized amount in my palm, rub it all over my hands like hand lotion and then rake through from above  the ears to the ends.

So far - love it!!!  I used it in high humidity yesterday and there was a huge reduction in frizz.

Moroccanoil Treatment Original