Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 5/20/21

@Katcat1 

Happy Friday !

great ! I thought her website was so informative .I also like that these are real women with different skin types and issues . I have been so disappointed to watch Youtube makeup  videos for women over 50 ( i will be 58) . many of these videos can use up to 10 or more products plus some of the women hardly have pores , or lines or any of the isues I and my friends and co-workers have .

Have a great weekend 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee - thank you for the review on the Eye Reboot Serum.  Will definitely put it on my list to try.

Honored Contributor

I did purchase the Tweak'd Frangi and Cloud sprays. I have yet to receive the Cloud. But I wanted to say a couple of things about the Frangi. First of all the fragrance, for me, is not too strong. I think it could be if I used too much but I don't. I use very little. Secondly, the spray does a very good job at detangling. Lastly, after I got done blow drying my hair it seemed to have a lot of fly-aways...like static or something. Hair feels light and airy, not weighed down but sort of fly-away. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing that sort of thing?

Respected Contributor

Years ago I found the perfect rose shade of lipstick at Kohl's when they came out with their own line of cosmetics. I can't remember the name of the line but the shade was Rose Wonder. Not too pink or red and no coral or peach just a beautiful true rose.  When they discontinued this line I carried the tube to every cosmetic counter in search of a shade that matched Rose Wonder. Chanel came closest but it was a tad too dark.  I found a couple of L'Oreal shades and one Eve Pearl that are pretty good for me but none as pretty as Rose Wonder.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Years ago I found the perfect rose shade of lipstick at Kohl's when they came out with their own line of cosmetics. I can't remember the name of the line but the shade was Rose Wonder. Not too pink or red and no coral or peach just a beautiful true rose.  When they discontinued this line I carried the tube to every cosmetic counter in search of a shade that matched Rose Wonder. Chanel came closest but it was a tad too dark.  I found a couple of L'Oreal shades and one Eve Pearl that are pretty good for me but none as pretty as Rose Wonder.

@50Mickey I went through something similar with a favorite shade of lipstick and after searching for what seemed like forever I just gave up.  Then I came across a color in Urban Decay that was so very close.  Last night I bought a back-up!  Its called Rapture - Cream.  Think on Ulta's website they described it as a dusty rose.  

Honored Contributor

I bought this handheld mini fan to keep in my bathroom for when I need to quick-dry my serums and stuff. It's rechargeable! Stands about 8 inches tall. 

Green Portable Handy Mini Fan with 3 Speed Setting (1200 mAh, 4.09x8.19x1.65 In)

Honored Contributor

I've seen makeup gurus on YT use these.  I thought about getting one but decided it's just as easy to pull out my (always plugged in) hair dryer and use the no heat option.  My hairdryer stays in a drawer but it's plugged into an outlet that's behind the drawer where the dryer is stored.  I had my electrician brother in law place outlets behind the vanity and in the bathroom closets.  It's the little things in life...

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

OMGosh!  I did the exact same thing with a Chanel lipgloss.  When I found out they had discontinued it, I bought up every tube I could find in stores and eBay.  I thought I would die when it was all gone Smiley Sad  But, I found that using my ELF Gotta Glow in Perfect Pink with MAC's Lipglass Diamond in the Rough came thisclose to being a match.  But I carried that tube of gloss around EVERYwhere.  I decided Chanel had a patent on that color! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey I went through something similar with a favorite shade of lipstick and after searching for what seemed like forever I just gave up.  Then I came across a color in Urban Decay that was so very close.  Last night I bought a back-up!  Its called Rapture - Cream.  Think on Ulta's website they described it as a dusty rose.  

@JudyL 

@50Mickey 

@monicakm 

I think we all have a story about the lipstick that got away.

In the 80s I found the most perfect lip color from Almay.  I think it was called Barely Blush.  I found it in a bargain basket at a Longs drugstore in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I was so smitten that I drove all over the Bay Area, searching for more tubes at every Longs I could find.

I've never been able to find the perfect match. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you!  Adding this to my list of "things to try".  I have just developed a small dark area under one of my eyes Smiley Sad  One step forward in the fight against time and two steps backwards (sigh).  It used to be just puffiness (I think it's hereditary from dad).  Then again it might be staying up till 4am Smiley Surprised