Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 5/20/21

I got both of the cancer beauty bags from HSN/QVC---and am using a few of the items--fyi---QVCs bag was very disappointing--threw about half the stuff out. But still for a good cause. 

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Hii i had mentioned on a thread last week that I had cleaned out products that went off i or didn't use any longer .  I have simplified my makeup. Last week I purchased from the UK brand Look Fabulous Forever.  It is a line created for older women by Tricia Cudsen back in 2013 when she was 65 . I was so pleased with everything I purchased their  finishing powder and highlight pen  yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

I'm still waiting for my Tweak'd TSV so I guess that qualifies as a purchase even though it was almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't received it yet.

Yesterday I purchased HSN's Lancome TSV.  Have never tried Lancome mascara, have always wanted to and the TSV was too good of a deal to pass up.

Purchased another bottle of Paula's Choice Niacinamide 20% treatment.  I see some improvement in my skin using this but not sure its enough to warrant the cost.  Anyway, willing to give it more time so bought another bottle.   

Hope everyone has a good week and stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

How sweet of you Smiley Happy  Thank you!  

So you use it to remove your makeup?  I've only used it once so far and used it as a toner.  I double cleanse with an oil and a rice wash so I don't believe I need a toner to remove makeup.  I applied it as a hydrating step.  Is that ok?  I may need to go back to her webpage and read up on it.  Heaven help me if I decide to drink it! LOL  It's such a lovely bottle too.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn    What is their website name?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I use the toner after I cleanse my face to remove any traces of makeup left.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Hi its called Look Fabulous Fovever . The website has wonderful tutorial videos with real women .lots of tips .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marmarbrooklyn    Thank you.  I will check it out.  Have a great weekend.

Okay I checked it out. What a great website and she stole my idea of makeup for mature skin.  LOL   Really, I always thought we needed makeup for mature skin.  Of course I purchased something could not resist.  I purchased the Beauty Balm.  I was reading the reviews and came upon a woman with my type of skin and she said it worked perfectly.  I'm on her mailing list.  I think in my mature years I am turning into a beauty addict.  LOL  ----- but I'm having fun doing it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got this eye serum last week. I've used it three times so far. But first I need to say what my concerns are and how the serum helped them. I have moderate puffiness mostly in the morning when I get up...which is normal I think for most people. I also have a little bit of very fine lines (criss-cross type) on the under-eye areas. I don't have any significant darkness or dark circles. My upper lids are not a concern, just my under-eye areas is where I applied the Reboot Serum.

The serum made a significant improvement on the puffiness as well as smoothing the fine lines. My under-eye area looks much better overall. Application was just a drop on the wrist and take that to both eyes. A very little goes a long ways. The serum has good slip, very moisturizing and dries down matte. The consistency is thick yet drops from a dropper and easily rinses off with water.  If I applied too much it felt a bit tacky plus it takes longer to dry down and it does take some time to dry completely anyway so give it some extra time before you put anything else on top. 

I give this serum 4.5 on a scale of 1 to 5. I think it's a good one and not expensive at all.

QRxLabs Eye Reboot Serum

$18, ships free from QRxLabs

@JudyL 

@monicakm 

....and anyone else who wanted to know about this serum.Woman Happy