Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 5/18/23

@monicakm and @Dazlin - ok, so what is it about silk pillowcases?  I'm curious.  Why do you like them better?  They sure do look pretty!  But gotta admit, I'm wondering if you head slips around on them all night. LOL  Know that sounds funny but I have this vision of me putting my head down and it slipping right off the pillow.  HAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

YES!  It's a nightmare.  You have to tie yourself to the bed so your head won't fall off the bed.  If you don't think you can tolerate that, don't buy one!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

OK, I'm serious now LOL  You can find a lot of info on Google for the benefits of silk pillowcases.  It's good for your hair.  Helps with your style and helps minimize hair loss.  Helps with nighttime skincare not absorbing into your pillowcases.  They're cooler.  That's all I can think of right now.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I promise, your head won't slip off your pillow Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I use mulberry silk because Google told me to. 

The ones I buy are $35 and $20 but there are some

that cost a LOT more.  I'm unsure of the differences.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

YES!  It's a nightmare.  You have to tie yourself to the bed so your head won't fall off the bed.  If you don't think you can tolerate that, don't buy one!

@monicakm - you cracked me up.  Laughed out loud.  

Respected Contributor

I love my pillowcases! I have used them my entire life, my mom and grandmother slept on them. They washed theirs by hand but I wash mine in the washer on gentle with Delicates wash. I keep one in my suitcases when I travel. I promise you won't slide out of the bed!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I use mulberry silk because Google told me to. 

The ones I buy are $35 and $20 but there are some

that cost a LOT more.  I'm unsure of the differences.

@monicakm - I looked on Amazon - there are a lot of choices!  Do you remember which ones you ordered?  

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Just enter the following into the Amazon search bar.

SLPBABY Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin with Hidden Zipper Print (King, Pattern5)

and

Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin Pillow Case with Hidden Zipper Soft Breathable Smooth Cooling Silk Pillow Covers for Sleeping (Pink, King(20"X 36")

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Yes.  Just enter the following into the Amazon search bar.

SLPBABY Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin with Hidden Zipper Print (King, Pattern5)

and

Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin Pillow Case with Hidden Zipper Soft Breathable Smooth Cooling Silk Pillow Covers for Sleeping (Pink, King(20"X 36")

@monicakm - thanks!  I ordered two in the plain pink.  Like the pattern but it would really clash with my quilt and curtains so will see how I like them and may still get the patterned one later as it's so pretty.