Honored Contributor

Good Morning Beauties!  Let us know what you purchased this week and give a review if you've tried it.

My list:

BareMinerals - The other day at Ulta I purchased the Complexion Rescue in Wheat and liked it a lot.  So when I saw that QVC had a duo Complexion Rescue on for less than the price of one, I jumped on it. This gives me the coverage I like for no makeup days.

Tweak'd - a set of shampoo and conditioner in Honeylux that I ordered from the Q earlier this month got lost so the Q is sending me out another set. 

Alter Ego - they released a new eyeshadow palette called Midsummer that is a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Nouveau palette.  I look at the ABH palette every time I am in Ulta but never purchased due to cost.  After watching a couple reviews of the Alter Ego palette on YT, I ordered it.  Haven't received it yet.  Have one other Alter Ego palette and like it a lot.

Persona - the Apply and Blend brush.  Looking forward to trying this eyeshadow brush.

That's it for me.  Hope everyone is having a good week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 5/18/23

[ Edited ]

This is the Alter Ego palette I mentioned

Respected Contributor

I've been on the hunt for a new razor.  I've tried Billie, one of the men's shave club, and now have purchased an Athena from Target. 

Did not like the Billie shaving cream. Trying Flamingo Foarm and Athena. 

Honored Contributor

does the Josie TS count

i got the citrus vanilla, scent is ok I like more citrus notes, but feels great 

Trusted Contributor

I am drowning in beauty products, so I am on a no-buy, but I did get a few new things.

Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Collagen Serum-This was on the waitlist and showed up the other day. I didn't even know it shipped because I had forgotten about it. This is a new product for me. We will see how it works.

Josie TSV-This was planned, and I bought two on auto-delivery, the Vanillas, and Tropical.

Josie Shower Scrub-She had the supersize on sale, and my AD ended a few months ago, and this is my Holy Grail scrub. I bought three scents to match back with the TSV Scents.

Josie Body Wash-These are new, and I bought the two scents to match back to the TSV.

Loreal Lock It Hairspray-One of my everyday hairsprays and is a re-buy

Lawless Forget the Filler Overnight Plumping Lip Mask-It gets rave reviews on TikTok, so I threw one in my cart at Sephora. I was out of town when it arrived, and I just got it on Tuesday, so I haven't had much chance to try it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's goodiesSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Finally got a chance to stop in Walmart yesterday and picked up Gold Bond Retinol lotion for face/body in the largest size with pump top! 

Gold Bond Age Renew Retinol Overnight Body & Face Lotion, 13 oz - image 1 of 9

Almay mascara (volume one in blue tube) to test drive

EOS body lotion in Vanilla Cashmere....WOW does this one smell yummy and is very hydrating.  

Equate SPF 50 Ultra light sunscreen 8oz $5.48!  Great price for a nice size tube so I am all set on body SPF.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite , can you describe the Equate sunblock...is it shiny or a little greasy, or does it dry down well, and would you use it on your face too??  

Respected Contributor

My purchases are PTR retinol pads, dr. Nassif detox pads(with $10 off coupon), PTR cleanser,(orange bottle).

Going to need a sunblock for face, finishing Shiseido. 

I'm considering Naturium,  or Neutrogena spf 60, I bought that for my mom.  She says she has no problem with it and applies her foundation.  But she tells me, she only pats it on, and I don't think she's putting it all over her face, like I KEEP telling her.   

Anyway...im on the hunt again for a face sunscreen for myself. 

Valued Contributor

I don't often list purchases, but yesterday I bought these at Target:

ELF  Sheer translucent powder (hyped by a lot of YouTubers to set makeup and eyes)

Finishing spray for makeup -- also a big favorite with the YouTubers

Kabuki brush for powder, etc.

Eyebrow pencil in Taupe (trying for the perfect color with my white/gray brows)

CERAVE  tinted sunblock (SPF 30, with zinc oxide)  recommended by my derm

(tried it this morning -- a light color with smooth finish)

All so reasonably priced! Splurged without breaking the bank.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin I purchased this one for my arms, lower legs & top of feet.  I wouldn't use it on my face as I have rosacea and it does have a very faint lemon scent to it. Here's picture of the one I picked up to try.

Equate Ultra Light Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Lotion for All Skin Tones, SPF 50, 8 fl oz - image 1 of 6

it seems nice on my lower legs today and sinks in after a few minutes but it is not as light as the other one I use also which is Banana Boat Light as Air spf 50 weightless protection.

This one truly is gone in minutes without any scent to it.  I have used it in the past on my face also.

I just was looking yesterday for something cheaper that I could use on my body for the summer.  Equate has many different ones but not sure about a good face one.