Esteemed Contributor

I got the Isomers Glutathiasome serum. I think it's one of those products that works behind the scenes, touted as an antioxidant. But I highly regard antioxys!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I got the Isomers Glutathiasome serum. I think it's one of those products that works behind the scenes, touted as an antioxidant. But I highly regard antioxys!

I used that serum for over a year and saw no difference in my skin so I stopped using it. Best of luck with it. @Harpa 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

I used that serum for over a year and saw no difference in my skin so I stopped using it. Best of luck with it. @Harpa 

@SilleeMee 

Yeah, I don't expect to see any noticeable difference, and at this point, I don't know what difference it could possibly make. The few things I've tried from Isomers never seemed like it did much of (or less of!) anything.

Can I pose a question to you? I read that AHAs interfere with peptides, or I guess more accurately, negate the effect of peptides. Are you aware of anything like this? (TIA!)

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Yeah, I don't expect to see any noticeable difference, and at this point, I don't know what difference it could possibly make. The few things I've tried from Isomers never seemed like it did much of (or less of!) anything.

Can I pose a question to you? I read that AHAs interfere with peptides, or I guess more accurately, negate the effect of peptides. Are you aware of anything like this? (TIA!)

@Harpa 

The AHA will denature (pull apart) amino acid chains, aka peptides, and then what's left is a bunch of protein amino acids w/o any specific quality to them. When peptides are left undisturbed on the skin, otoh, they somehow signal the production of collagen/elastin which is triggered by the structure of those peptides. Whether or not that's true, the jury is still out when it comes to just how it's suppose to do that. 

I use an AHA toner before applying my peptide serum. I'm not expecting the peptide serum to do much along the lines of collagen/elastin production. But what I like about the peptide serum is that it leaves my skin very smooth, glowing and it stays hydrated longer. Peptides are inherently moisture magnets. 

Valued Contributor

I just ordered the Fancii Zora lighted LED makeup mirror.  I have a similar style that was really inexpensive and the lights are not very good.  The Zora model has 3 different light colors and they are all dimmable and it rotates in all directions.  Ordered from Amazon and it's coming tomorrow.  I also bought a little 2 pan Clinique eyeshadow palette that is perfect for travel, in hopes that we will be traveling soon!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 4/29

[ Edited ]

I was at TJ Maxx yesterday and I wanted to include these purchases in last week's beauty purchases.

I picked up an Ellen Tracy Rosy Blush Compact.

This one is one of those large, round 0.56 oz. color compacts with the three colors in it that you can blend together. 

It has a rosy pink color, and then two more neutral colors in next to it.

I also picked up a 5 pack of Luxe Lips Moisture Rich Color Balm by Style Essentials.

These are a set of 5 tinted colored and flavored lip balms.

Both were inexpensively priced at TJs. 

Had some fun looking around the store. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to try the Floral Street wonderland peony fragrance because I like floral. However, it's going back. Seems like I am very unsatisfied w/ fragrances these days.

I thought that might be nice, since it was [supposed to be] all natural. That part is fine, but the "cotton candy" undertones are just not me.

Back to the fragrance drawing board.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 4/29

[ Edited ]

@Harpa    I think you may like this one.  Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia.  It's heavenly.  I bought the body lotion because it lasts longer and Nordstorm has a $30 size.  You don't need much.  I place behind my ears and spread the rest on the neck and a little on hands/arms.  Nordstrom takes returns.

kindness is strength