Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases; 4/27/23

[ Edited ]

Good morning!  Looking forward to reading everyone's posts as to what you have purchased this week.

My list:

Milani - eyeshadow primer.  I've used this for so long and have never felt the need to try anything else.  Anti-gravity mascara - tried this once before and wasn't impressed but it's received great reviews and I needed something to add to my order for free shipping so put this in my cart.  Willing to try it again and see if maybe I didn't give it a chance the first time.

ColourPop - the 4ever Floral eyeshadow palette.  When @monicakm posted a pic of this palette, I thought it was so pretty.  Haven't tried it yet.  I like all the shades, however, one may be a bit too dark and reddish for me.  

ELF - one of the new lipsticks Dirty Talk, I think the name of it is.  The consistency is very nice and creamy, it's not a matte.  Like the magnetic closure on it.  However, the color was awful on me so it's already in the trash.  Wasn't even willing to try a gloss over it.  It was just a "no" from the get go.  I'll definitely try other shades at some point, just this color was not for me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 4/27/23

I have a Taurus birthday, so my email is deluged with coupons from some of my favorite stores (Qurate shops are not among them).  I have used some of the offers to reduce the price of some beauty favorites I like to have stocked up such as Chanel No 5 Body Cream, and Lancome mascara. I also have received gifts from friends and family, but fortunately, the local friends are treating me to outings.

So far the best gift is a Ninja blender from one of my brothers.  Looking forward to using it to make smoothies among other things. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I have a Taurus birthday, so my email is deluged with coupons from some of my favorite stores (Qurate shops are not among them).  I have used some of the offers to reduce the price of some beauty favorites I like to have stocked up such as Chanel No 5 Body Cream, and Lancome mascara. I also have received gifts from friends and family, but fortunately, the local friends are treating me to outings.

So far the best gift is a Ninja blender from one of my brothers.  Looking forward to using it to make smoothies among other things. 

@Trix - I recently purchased a NutriBullet - which is similar to a Ninja - and I have been loving it.  I'm making some healthy smoothies - beauty from the inside out! LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have a big one LOL.

Drybar Prep Rally, Prime & Prep Detangler-I, ended up with two. I ordered online, forgot when I got to Sephora, and bought another one. This is new to me, and I like it, so I am keeping both.

HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder - Cherry Blossom. I used this today for the first time, and I love it!

PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush-Another first, and I like it and am going to look at other colors

COLOR WOW Raise the Root Thicken and Lift Spray-I haven't used this yet but was influenced by TikTok

Tarte Amazonian clay blurring powder foundation-Hot & Flashy recommends using this foundation with the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX primer. I used the foundation on its own today as I just had an RF Microneedling done yesterday and can't use anything crazy for a few days.

Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW 2-In-1 Tinted Brow Gel + Brow Enhancing Serum-Used for the first time today. I was influenced by TikTok, so we will see how it goes.

COLOR WOW Dream Cocktail Kale-Infused Strengthening Leave In Treatment-Another TikTok influence.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa '62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist-OMG love, love, love. I tried the pink one, and it had no fragrance for me. I kept spraying and picked up nothing. This one was immediate love and perfect for everyday summer.

amika Dream Routine Overnight Hydrating Hair Mask-Another TikTok influence, and my hair loves it. I have used it for three nights, and my hair absorbs it as fast as I put it on, and it feels great.

COLOR WOW Pop + Lock Frizz Control + Glossing Serum-Another TikTok influence and I can't wait to use it.

Alastin Regenerating Skin Nectar-I did not purchase this. My esthetician gave me a bottle for aftercare, and my skin is drinking it up.

Nakery Beauty Firming Neck + Dec Serum & Magic Wand Set-I haven't used the Magic Wand yet but started the serum this week.

The Beauty Spy 2-piece Moremo Repair 7 Hair Treatment Duo-I have used this a couple of times, and my hair likes it well enough that I will keep using it for a while.

Elemis Cleansing Balm-I bought a three-pack and started using it this week. I am not crazy about it. I think the Elf Holy Hydration Melting Balm is much better.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris - I think it's great you are trying out all sorts of new items.  As time goes on and you've used them a bit more, let us know how you like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Thursday, Beauties 🌷.  

Not too much happened this week.  I laid kinda low early in the week, sneezing and in a little funk for a few days.  I never felt super sick, just had  bothersome symptoms, so I'm wondering if it could be adult onset of some kind of seasonal allergy.  The symptoms fit the bill.  I did some additional nasal irrigation which I think helped,

Here's my list...

Laura Geller Hidden Gems Palette - I like the collection of shades and had a discount code for the website.

Heat Resistant Silicone Flat Iron Storage Mat  - I bought this in order to protect my new sink counter.  It's also a pouch for the flat iron.  Kinda handy and it was inexpensive.

Laura Geller TSV - Yeah, I said I would pass but they got me.  Ugh, I know,  I’m such a weakling sometimes 🙄.  It’s a great deal, though.  Lord knows, I don’t really need another foundation right now, but I wanted the tinted primer.   I used it years ago and wanted to try it again.  The TSV, IMO, was a better price overall and had A/D, in case I really liked it.  The foundation won’t go to waste, I’ll use it even though not immediately

VieBeauti Lash Serum - a staple for me, time for a new tube.

Picked up my new eyeglasses  - love them

Respected Contributor

Howdy

Moroccan Oil Hair and Body Spray. I love the smell of these products and buy them all.

Moroccan Oil Bar Soap  See above 

ELF Halo Glow Liquid Filter. Not a fan. If you want glowy skin, use a dewy foundation -(that's me schooling myself). This did nothing for me 

Aquage Thickening Spray Gel. I really like this and have used it before. The spray nozzle consistently jams up with product, which is a pain.

Have a good weekend

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Happy Thursday, Beauties 🌷.  

Not too much happened this week.  I laid kinda low early in the week, sneezing and in a little funk for a few days.  I never felt super sick, just had  bothersome symptoms, so I'm wondering if it could be adult onset of some kind of seasonal allergy.  The symptoms fit the bill.  I did some additional nasal irrigation which I think helped,

Here's my list...

Laura Geller Hidden Gems Pallet - I like the collection of shades and had a discount code for the website.

Heat Resistant Silicone Flat Iron Storage Mat  - I bought this in order to protect my new sink counter.  It's also a pouch for the flat iron.  Kinda handy and it was inexpensive.

Laura Geller TSV - Yeah, I said I would pass but they got me.  Ugh, I know,  I’m such a weakling sometimes 🙄.  It’s a great deal, though.  Lord knows, I don’t really need another foundation right now, but I wanted the tinted primer.   I used it years ago and wanted to try it again.  The TSV, IMO, was a better price overall and had A/D, in case I really liked it.  The foundation won’t go to waste, I’ll use it even though not immediately

VieBeauti Lash Serum - a staple for me, time for a new tube.

Picked up my new eyeglasses  - love them

@JeanLouiseFinch - I wanted to try the tinted primer so found it on it's own. Yes, paid almost as much for it as the TSV but thats ok as I already have 2 BnB and didn't want a third. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing new to me this week. 

NATURIUM Vitamin C - reorder 

NATURIUM Retinol - reorder 

BENEFIT Eyebrow pencil - reorder 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

Whew!  You go girl.  Enjoy all your beauty goodies Smiley Happy