Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 4/19/22

@JudyL wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

Palmers Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil - replacement for the PC cleansing oil that I found drying. Have not tried this yet as I still have a bit of the PC to work thru.

Dr Brenner Vitamin C Serum 20% Pure L-Ascorbic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Vitamin E and HA and Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin B5 for Face and Eyes - the Vitamin C is a replacement for same. The Dr Brenner HA serum is new and I have not tried it yet. Came as a duo and thought, what the heck give it a try.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost City Shield Water Gel with Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid, Facial Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Sunscreen - this is new to me. I wanted a daytime moisturizer w/ sunscreen that did not have a tint. I will wear this in the morning when I'm out for a run or just puttering in garden. Will wear sunscreen w/ tint when I'm actually going to be seen by real people. Smiley Happy 

L'Oreal Every Pure purple shampoo - wanted to try a purple shampoo on my white blonde hair to see how I liked it. Will use every other wash thru the summer or if I hate it, will not continue. Not a huge investment. I'm alternating w/ the Tweak'd shampoo I have and do not care for.

Pantene miracle moisture sulfate free conditioner w/ rose water - I'm using this in conjunction w/ the Tweak'd conditioner I have and don't like. The Tweake'd item does not detangle hair - ugh. So two pumps of the Tweak'd w/ a bit of the Pantene and I can get a comb thru hair. Tried twice and it works fine. Does not have a strong rose scent.

I think all of these items, other than the Dr Brenner HA, were recommended by folks on the beauty board and I had saved to look at again when current items were depleted.

@kate2357  - I am just finishing up a bottle of the Palmers Cleansing OIl.  I love it.  Its definitely on my repurchase list once I am done with my current stash of balms and DHC cleansing oil.

Where do you purchase your Dr. Brenner's Vit C?  Have heard good things about it and want to compare it to what I'm currently using.  Can't seem to find it on Amazon.

@JudyL 

I purchased on Amazon, but as you said, the individual bottle was kind of a pita to find on it's own .. so I ordered the duo. But I just looked at Dr Brenner w/o using the Amzaon prime filter, the single came up but you have to click on the all purchase options, then it came up w/ prime shipping. I found the Dr Brenner to absorb quickly and it played well w/ the other stuff I put on top. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 - thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped 

Ohhh, I forgot about that Fenty purple blush!  I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.  Have you checked the Fenty website?  Oh no, it's out of stock on Fenty too.  I found it for you on eBay from a seller with 100% feedback and 351 sales.  It's new in box.

Image 2 - NEW FENTY Beauty By Rihanna - Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush - 07 DRAMA CLASS

This is the title of the listing

NEW FENTY Beauty By Rihanna - Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush - 07 DRAMA CLASS

It's $30, free shipping

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

It's a 200 step round trip Smiley Happy

Have I mentioned I LOVE my physical therapist? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About a month or so ago, I bought a fragrance sampler from Sephora with a GC I rec'd for Christmas.  It came with a certificate to get a free full size of any of the scents in the sampler.  I ended up ordering a fragrance I have used for years but love.  It's Clean Reserve:  Skin. 

Tarte is also having their event where you get 6 products for $65.00.  The website walks you through all of your choices in different categories and you add what you want to your cart.  S/H is free as well.  The products are all full size and if purchased separately would be $131.00. 

I also bought a cuticle oil for my nails from Amazon. I took off my acrylics and my cuticles are a mess.  They are a mess with or without nails. 

I think that's it for me.

@JudyL , I bought the burgundy Voluminous mascara several years ago.  I thought it would be great for my green eyes.  I didn't notice that it was burgundy at all.  I'm also one of the rare people who really dislikes L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.  It does nothing for my lashes.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @JudyL for the update on the cobalt mascara.  I think I will hold on that one and keep looking for a navy.   The Dior navy is sold out, and I really hoped to find a less expensive product.  I think Chanel still has a navy available but will hold off ordering that one because this is just a "want" and not a "need".   I have several black mascaras in my stash so I can just keep on the look out for a navy.  

Hope you enjoy the cobalt and I am still considering getting the dark green version,

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Desertdi, very pretty, but is it an eye shadow or blush or what? I love any and everything purple. HA!   

@pupwhipped      

IS'MINE (brand name)  baked eye shadow

That's gorgeous!m I need it now!

@JeanLouiseFinch @pupwhipped @monicakm     

OOPS....the second one just arrived today.....and they added GLITTER TO IT.    NOT a good deal for me.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Desertdi, very pretty, but is it an eye shadow or blush or what? I love any and everything purple. HA!   

@pupwhipped      

OOPS....the second one just arrived today.....and they added GLITTER TO IT.    NOT a good deal for me.   di

Uh-oh.  It looks lighter too. I guess I'll find out later today. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought a few lip glosses this week.  I decided I needed a red lipgloss.  Boy is it hard to find a sheer red gloss.  Most brands have lip glosses that are full coverage these days.  So I guess I am either out of style or as I like to think, ahead of the curve.  LOL

I bought three:
 2 MAC  -- ruby woo lip glass & just in case power glass  Ruby Woo is a compliment to the lipstick and is much thicker than the just in case power glass.  Which is a plumpling lip gloss.

1 Buxom -- Natalie. 

So far I love the Power Glass color and texture.  

I also bought:

L'Oreal Paradise Mascara-- I haven't been wearing mascara lately but I threw a bunch of old ones out and like to have waterproof on hand.  I think this is the best drugstore brush.  It's like the topiary cut style.  Very similar to Josie Maran (love the brush.  Can't use the formula, it smudges all over)

OGX Sea Kelp Body Wash & Scrub

NYX Brow pen in Ash Brown -  great drugstore dupe for any hihj end  brow pen.  It relaces the same in black-- I lightened my hair for the summer and the black brows were too TOO much.  LOL

From the Beauty with Benefits show- The crepe erase foot exfolliating booties. (haven't received yet)

Batiste Volumizing Dry Shampoo- the best.  Can't live without even on days I wash my hair, this adds a lot of volume.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@pupwhipped      

Uh-oh.  It looks lighter too. I guess I'll find out later today. 

ETA - the eyeshadows arrived and I tried the purple last night.  The shade was pretty but overall it was just OK.  The shimmer snd glitter were more than I prefer.  The champagne color was a disappointment.  It was more of a pale copper color, and again with the shimmer and glitter.  I'll probably return both. 🤷‍♀️