Honored Contributor

Hi Beauties,  I hope you all had a great week and did some shopping.  I took advantage of Bobbi Brown 25% off.  I purchased the mini shimmer brick in Rose; I also decided to try a different foundation and selected the Skin Foundation Spf 15, water based.  I still love my Fluid Powder foundation by BB but I like to try different products.

Beauties, share your purchases and I hope you have a great weekend.  Stay safe as we are not out of the woods yet.  Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Beautiful e/s colors!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 4/15

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   I love my Rose Shimmer brick. I use it as my blush in spring/summer. You can also use the individual "stripes" as eyeshadow. 

This is the first year no order for Sephora's sale. I was also able to find a few items on the BB site on sale. My favorite is the Vitamin Enriched Face Base. For anyone not familiar with it, it's a lighter gel type moisturizer with primer. It's wonderful for summer. All BB moisturizers have a primer. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   When I purchased the Skin Foundation I had to go onto Chat because the shades were very different from the Fluid Powder foundation.  The girl I chatted with told me to buy Alabaster and I did but it was too light for me.  I am fair/ligjt but not porcelain skin.  I called to return and I was told to keep it and i would get a credit to my charge.  Now I have a full bottle of Alabaster and don't know anyone that fair.  I did end up ordering the Skin foundaiton in another shade.  I may leave it in our lounge area on the 1st floor of my building although there are only a handful of women here that wear any makeup.  I think it is a shame that women just give up on adding a little makeup to look and feel pretty.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   When I purchased the Skin Foundation I had to go onto Chat because the shades were very different from the Fluid Powder foundation.  The girl I chatted with told me to buy Alabaster and I did but it was too light for me.  I am fair/ligjt but not porcelain skin.  I called to return and I was told to keep it and i would get a credit to my charge.  Now I have a full bottle of Alabaster and don't know anyone that fair.  I did end up ordering the Skin foundaiton in another shade.  I may leave it in our lounge area on the 1st floor of my building although there are only a handful of women here that wear any makeup.  I think it is a shame that women just give up on adding a little makeup to look and feel pretty.

@Katcat1  If the new shade comes and is a bit too dark, you can add a bit of the Alabaster. *** Their chat suggestions are not always reliable.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Purchasing a foundation you've never used online is usually a cwap shoot. If you can get to a dept. store, it's best to be shade matched in person. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   It is so difficult for me to get to the store.  I have a walker and I usually have to stop and sit.  Between my breathing (I use oxygen) and my back, I'm a mess but I keep going just not fast.  lol  I did buy the fluid powder foundation by the color chart and it was perfect.  i know it is not easy but if you know what works for you, you get pretty close.  The foundations by BB have different coloring for the same shade in a different foundtion.  Let's say, I am learning.  Pink undertone definitely.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 I would also suggest keeping the foundation in case you ever have a shade that's a little too dark.  I have fair/light neutral skin and have a hard time finding colors that are just right.  I have a few bottles of different foundations that are too light and I use them to mix with others that are a touch too dark or yellow.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I feel badly that you have some difficulty getting around. Hoping the new shade they send you is spot on.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  This week I went a bit blush crazy.  I bought 3 IT Cosmetic blushes - Naturally Pretty Ombre and Je Ne Se Que (or however its spelled) and Naturally Pretty in the bye bye pores blush.  Want to see the differences and which one I like best.  IT Cosmetics was having a sale so bought the last two from their website - figured why not try them while they were on sale.

Yesterday I used the Sunlit Rose blush from Laura Geller and liked it much more than I did the first time I tried it so really don't need anymore blushes.  Whenever has that stopped any of us from trying something new, right? 

Hope you all have a good weekend and week.