Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases; 4/13/23

[ Edited ]

Good morning!  Don't know what happened but today snuck up on me and I didn't realize it was Thursday until I was watching the weather guy on the news.  LOL

Let us know what you purchased this week and how you like it? Is it a new purchase?  A repurchase?  We want to hear all about it!

My purchases:

Timeless:  They were having a sale at the right time so repurchased the Vit B5 serum as I knocked over my bottle and lost quite a bit of it.  Also, purchased for the first time their Matrixyl Synthe 6.  This is supposed to be anti-aging serum so since it was on sale figured I would try it.  The items I've used from Timeless I like a lot and always repurchase.  These are on the way so haven't received them yet.

ColourPop -  While in ULTA picked up the Blush Crush palette.  Had this before and decluttered it and always wished I hadn't so bought it again. 

MAC - bought 2 lipsticks - "Thanks, It's Mac" and "Beam there, Done that."  Both are here on the Q if you want to check them out.  Thanks, It's Mac is a light nude shade; Beam There, Done That is more of a rosy pink shade.  Both very nice.

Think thats it. Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 4/13/23

Nothing for me this week! That's a first lol

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday, Beauties!  It's a glorious sunshiny day here.  Though a little chilly at the start of the day, I still had my first coffee of the season out on the patio.  It felt good!  

We have a bunch of polywood furniture on our patio, a large dining set, other seating, tables, etc..  It's weather safe so everything stays out year round. On Easter, a leg on one of the gliders snapped at the bolt.  DH called the company on Monday.  They're sending a replacement leg piece and reinforcement braces for all the legs on both gliders.  The rep at the company was super accommodating, knew exactly what happened.  DH got the impression that there is likely a design flaw that was discovered along the line and they're taking care of customers as needed.  I'm not mad, we've had this furniture for many, many years  

My purchases this week:

Assorted supplements subscriptions delivered - some them are skin focused

Missha BB Boomer Primer - I really didn’t need this yet, but I missed the cutoff to delay shipping on my AMZ subscription.

Therapeutic Massage w/Cupping - maybe not exactly beauty, but oh well. 

Skinn Pitaya Essence A/S - I didn’t like the original Skinn Softening Essence, but since this one was at a good price, and with an A/S option, I decided to order it and see what it’s like.

Laura Geller Bronze-n-Brighten (Fair) - trying this since I had the Mature Women’s Discount

Laura Geller Bronze-n-Brighten (Medium) - trying this since I had the Mature Women’s Discount.

Laura Geller Berry & Blossom Eyeshadow Palette - also ordered with the Mature Women’s Discount.  I bought this to replace a Tarte Love Trust & Fairy Dust palette I’m not overly crazy about. The LG shades are more "me".

The Lab Direct Power Punch VC Serum  - ShopLC had this marked to $9.99/2 oz. bottle.  I had a 20% off coupon so I bought two backups.  Nice stuff

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash - I’m getting close to the end of m Neutrogena HydroBoost cleanser. I like it, just thought I’d revisit an old favorite from the past.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Naturium Vitamin C Complex Face Serum - repeat purchase as I am about out of product. Lasts me about 4+ months.

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Permanent Hair Color, 9N Light Natural Blonde - this is a new item for me to try. I have been using Clariol coloring and just wanted to try something new. (I have not used yet).

L'Oréal Paris True Match Nude Hyaluronic Tinted Serum Foundation with 1% Hyaluronic acid, Rosy Light 1-2.5 - repeat purchase, but a new color. I don't really think of myself as having rosy skin tone, but the lighter color is too light and the 2-3 is a bit too dark for me. Tried it yesterday and seems like a good match. Didn't really look too pink on me...thank goodness.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I always like seeing the things you have purchased and why you like them. I also really appreaciate that you share what is going on in your world during the week. 

Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I always like seeing the things you have purchased and why you like them. I also really appreaciate that you share what is going on in your world during the week. 

So nice of you to say that, @cozyseeker. 🥰

Valued Contributor

Repeat purchases for me this week
LAURA GELLER Baked Foundation in Medium had a coupon

LAURA GELLER Eyeliner in Buff had a coupon

Maybelline Wax eyebrow shaping crayon in Blonde
Maybelline Lipstick in Pink Peony
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

Me either.  I'm holding off for the 20% off at Sephora tomorrow.  In all likelihood, this will be my last year as Rouge.  I often get my skincare from the manufacturer's website or eBay from trusted sellers with free shipping, HIGH ratings and thousands of sales.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I still had my first coffee of the season out on the patio.  It felt good!

Smiling Face with Smiling Eyes on Twitter Emoji Stickers 13.1

Missha BB Boomer Primer

I'll have to take a look at this.  Is it a general type primer or one for pore filling?  If you've ever used Hourglass primer, how does it compare?  I use Missha Vita C serum and used to use their essence till I discovered milky type essences.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I still had my first coffee of the season out on the patio.  It felt good!

Smiling Face with Smiling Eyes on Twitter Emoji Stickers 13.1

Missha BB Boomer Primer

I'll have to take a look at this.  Is it a general type primer or one for pore filling?  If you've ever used Hourglass primer, how does it compare?  I use Missha Vita C serum and used to use their essence till I discovered milky type essences.

I can't compare it to Hourglass, but it does have some nice skincare ingredients rather than just a lot oIMO.  There's pearl powder so it gives a little luminescence.

Ingredients

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Mica (CI 77019), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Niacinnamide, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diamond Powder, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Ruby Powder, Amethyst Powder, Pearl Powder, Tourmaline, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Platinum Powder, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Adenosine, Mannan, Squalane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopherol, Talc, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance(Parfum)

Directions

Use after your basic skin care routine and before BB Cream or Foundation. Pump out an appropriate amount of M BB Boomer. Dot product over forehead, nose, cheek, and chin areas. Use pads of fingers to smooth product gently over skin. Lightly pat your face with the palms of your hand until fully absorbed.