Honored Contributor

WEN by Chaz Dean Bella Spirit Exfoliating Face Scrub.  HURRY & GET DELIVERED!  LOL!

68E0AA35-BC63-4362-B114-93304A08B71A.png

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

I don't know if you have used The Ordinary's Buffet peptide serum, but I really liked it until it started irritating my skin making it turn red and blotchy. I'm not sure what was happening....maybe some kind of sensitivity. The QRxLabs peptide serum doesn't do that. It feels good on my skin and no blotchy redness.

I have never ordered any of the Ordinary products and won't now that I know about the animal testing.  Since October I have been using my RA every night.  I am liking the clearness of pores and also the shrinkage of them.  I used Paula's Choice prior to that and have some Vit c left and have been adding that in during the day.  I am going to need to replace my C and this QRLabs may be the one or the Ghost (?) product that another poster mentioned.  I know that C offers something different than RA and I want to work that back into my routine.  What would peptides add to all this?  Thanks, @SilleeMee !

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

I don't know if you have used The Ordinary's Buffet peptide serum, but I really liked it until it started irritating my skin making it turn red and blotchy. I'm not sure what was happening....maybe some kind of sensitivity. The QRxLabs peptide serum doesn't do that. It feels good on my skin and no blotchy redness.

I have never ordered any of the Ordinary products and won't now that I know about the animal testing.  Since October I have been using my RA every night.  I am liking the clearness of pores and also the shrinkage of them.  I used Paula's Choice prior to that and have some Vit c left and have been adding that in during the day.  I am going to need to replace my C and this QRLabs may be the one or the Ghost (?) product that another poster mentioned.  I know that C offers something different than RA and I want to work that back into my routine.  What would peptides add to all this?  Thanks, @SilleeMee !

@tends2dogs 

I like to use a peptide serum as part of my morning routine. I think it helps keep my skin stay hydrated by improving the barrier. 

As for that QRx VC...it's basically all squalane with 5% THD ascorbate and vitamin E. THD works best between 3% and 10% depending on what you want it to do.  If you don't like using oils then the QRx Squalane CE  is not one to use. I like to apply the oil over the QRx peptide serum and that way my skin stays soft and hydrated all day. 

That Ghost Democracy VC, which I have not used, seems to contain a good dose of THD ascorbate. I would go there to experience the power of THD. 

Honored Contributor

@KLm wrote:

I purchased Ghost Democracy Vitamin C Lightbulb serum and talika lash serum. (Both are supposed to be cruelty free.) 

The GD vitamin C serum has the % of ingredients on the bottle, but it doesn't use ascorbic acid as the Vitamin C. Tetrahexydecl ascorbate is the ingredient used. Has other interesting ingredients too. Tried it now for almost 24 hours, and I'm pleased so far. No irritation, which I struggle with sometimes.

The lash serum takes so long to see results that I can't comment on it yet. Used both day and night, it has a very odd applicator--a doe foot like thing on the end of a mascara like wand--and I get better application from the doe foot part. Still undecided about this item.

@SilleeMee I tried the ordinary buffet serum, and I feel it didn't do that much for me. But I didn't use it consistently.

@KLm I'm interested in checking out the Ghost Democracy vitamin C.  I'm assuming they have a website or did you find it somewhere else?

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 3/4

[ Edited ]

@JudyL I went to the website to get it. Had to google to get there. I don't know if anyone else sells it. I can't even remember where I first saw the Vit C product mentioned, but I went to the website to check it out. I liked what I saw, so I tried the Vit C. So far I am happy with it, but it's only been two days.

LIke I said before they have a sunscreen I'd like to try when it is restocked.

Shipment of product was very quick also.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  I, too, was wondering about peptides, so I appreciate your answer. I am using The Ordinary matrixyl 10% + HA (I am going to have to find another brand to use), and Beautycounter Tripeptide Radiance serum, which I really like and have seen some benefits from using.

Today I applied the peptide cocktail first, then topped it with the Ghost Democracy Vit C. I wasn't sure this wouldn't counteract what I am trying to do, but I thought I'd try it and see. 

I didn't mention them in this thread before because I didn't purchase this week.

Honored Contributor

@KLm wrote:

@SilleeMee  I, too, was wondering about peptides, so I appreciate your answer. I am using The Ordinary matrixyl 10% + HA (I am going to have to find another brand to use), and Beautycounter Tripeptide Radiance serum, which I really like and have seen some benefits from using.

Today I applied the peptide cocktail first, then topped it with the Ghost Democracy Vit C. I wasn't sure this wouldn't counteract what I am trying to do, but I thought I'd try it and see. 

I didn't mention them in this thread before because I didn't purchase this week.

@KLm 

I would apply the VC first. That's usually what most people agree with when dealing with dark spots and hyperpigmentation. That way you get the most benefits from applying the VC first. 

That Beautycounter is out of my price range! I'm glad you found something that works. Most of the really good peptide products are expensive and I'm too cheap to go there...lol!

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@KLm wrote:

@KLm 

I would apply the VC first. That's usually what most people agree with when dealing with dark spots and hyperpigmentation. That way you get the most benefits from applying the VC first. 

That Beautycounter is out of my price range! I'm glad you found something that works. Most of the really good peptide products are expensive and I'm too cheap to go there...lol!

@SilleeMee  I agree the beautycounter is expensive!! If I didn't see some kind of results I would never fork over that kind of money.

The VC is heavy at first, although it dries down (mostly) which is why I put the peptides on first as they are thinner. I didn't even think they would go together, but risked it anyway.

I have spent way more money on products that did nothing, so I feel like the beautycounter at least has a return on investment. I'm on my second bottle, where so many purchases hardly make it to the end of one. But I'm with you on cost, which is why The Ordinary was such a good product line. Smiley Sad

Thanks for your speedy response.