Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 3/23/23

@kate2357 

Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either, I just know it's a phrase in some of the tints (maybe foundations?) I have.  Maybe it's a newish buzz word like "blurring".  EVERYthing blurs these days (g)

Honored Contributor

Seems like Shiseido is the inventor of "self refreshing".  Both of my Shiseido foundations have it and Shisdido is the only product that comes up with this term.  Here is what I found.

A weightless foundation, with ActiveForce™ technology, that synchronizes with skin and self-refreshes nonstop for a 24-hour just-applied look and flawless finish.

Why We Love It

• Long-wearing fluid foundation synchronizes with skin and helps resist heat, humidity, oil and facial movement
  • Waterproof, smudge-proof
  • Oil-free
  • Fragrance-free
  • For all skin types
Respected Contributor

And not really a purchase, but I have a new hairdo.  My hairdresser closed her business in January.  This was my second time seeing someone new.  I'm sporting a darker auburn color and had six inches lopped off to take my hair right to shoulder length.  My bangs are a little short, but it's what I asked for so I guess I can't complain.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered Korres Yoghurt eye gel from their website, but I messed up in the order. Somehow I pressed too many times and ended up with 3 items in my cart instead of 1. 

I didn't get any confirmation email and nothing was subtracted from my account, so I emailed Korres wondering if the order went through. They said it takes up to 3 business days to process, and once an order goes into their website it can't be changed. 

If I get 3 items by mistake I can return the ones I don't want within 45 days, so that shouldn't be a problem. Korres has good customer service, and I should get back to them to help me with a return. 

Has anyone else accidentally ordered too many things by mistake? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I didn't buy those 60 bars of bath soap in my linen closet on purpose.

I have a more IT CC cream than I will ever use because I didn't pay attention to my auto ships.  Who could possibly use a giant tube of foundation in 4 months?

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw - don't feel bad about ordering too many.  I did that on ULTA once but luckily noticed it before I submitted the order.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 - I think a new cut and color is a beauty purchase.  It's not a purchase in the traditional sense of the word - cleanser, moisturizer, etc. - but you did purchase a beauty service so thats making a beauty purchase.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

That's why I cut my own bangs.  I thought my last haircut would last till I saw Patrick Mahomes but it looks like I'm going to need a trim next week.  That's dicey getting a "trim" right before your big event!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I can't recall if I've ordered multiple items by mistake but there have multiple times products don't show up, I call, they send out another and then both show up.  More times than not, the company tells me to just keep the extra.  Once I ordered a large canvas print.  It was out of square and stuck out a little from the wall at one corner.  They sent another and told me to keep the first one.  The second one was again slightly out of square.  It wouldn't have matter if it was the side next to the wall but it wasn't.  Called again.  The 3rd one was the same.  I gave up and just accepted it.  Now mom, my daughter and I all have the same horse head canvas.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  Patrick Mahomes?! When are you seeing him?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth