Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 3/23/23

[ Edited ]

Went to Sephora today to buy foundation.  That's a different story I posted in another thread, but have Nars Sheer Glow foundation on the way.

While there I had to shop around:

4 Sephora Liquid Eyeliners: Satin Forest Green, Satin Stone Gray, Satin Dark Navy,  

Metallic Rich Plum.  

Sephora Felt Liner in Bone White - going to see how it compares to the cream colored Revlon cream eyeshadow I use as a bit of a liner.  I'm worried the white may be too harsh.  The Revlon, when applying with an angled brush is not as clean a line as I would like.  

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in color Cash

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in color Ozone (looks white) - this is actually a clear lip primer.  They had a fat pencil, but was out of that one, so I got this one.  It feels less drying than the one I'm currently using.  The salesperson said it was the same formulation, just in a skinny pencil.  

I successfully navigated the samples section without buying anything. 

Got a couple of samples:

Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Body Firmeza Oil

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

KAYALI YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 EDP INTENSE

KAYALI - YUM PISTACHIO GELATO | 33 EDP INTENSE 0.33 oz / 10 mL

Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Tint SPF 20

Shiseido - Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Tint SPF 20 215 Light Buna 0.95 oz/ 30mL

Esteemed Contributor

Tarte Sugar Rush Brow, my favorite. Took advantage of their sale.

Redken Volumizing S & C, Olaplex bonding oil, Pureology leave-in C -- the system recommended by Blowout Professor.

@JudyL  Please write about your results with the PC peel! Is that a once-a-week treatment?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Tarte Sugar Rush Brow, my favorite. Took advantage of their sale.

Redken Volumizing S & C, Olaplex bonding oil, Pureology leave-in C -- the system recommended by Blowout Professor.

@JudyL  Please write about your results with the PC peel! Is that a once-a-week treatment?

@Harpa  - I will certainly post about the peel after I've tried it a few times.  Yes, it is a once a week treatment.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

What is a self refreshing tint? As in how does that work? Not that I need another spf tint ... just curious.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  --- This actually made me laugh out loud w/ a snort. I'm not sure I've ever navigated the sample section w/o buying at least ONE item.

I successfully navigated the samples section without buying anything. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I did some damage at the Ulta sale.  I picked up a clear and tinted Anastasia brow gel, a Clinique moisturizer, Clinique Happy perfume, and a BTS mascara.

I also got the Kokie Artistry palette Risa Does Makeup talked about a few weeks ago.  It was $14 and peforms well above the price point.  I'm happy with this purchase.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

So is that what I bought??  A tinted sunscreen??  I know most, if not all, of my foundations and tints have spf but I didn't realize I bought a spf that was tinted.  Last night I was looking at the bottle and I wondered the same thing...is this a tinted sunscreen?  I'm off to investigate.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

No, I think you bought a tint WITH spf. It was the self refreshing part that I had never heard of before. How or what self refreshes ... the tint?

Honored Contributor

What it is: A skin tint formulated with hyaluronic acid to provide up to 24 hours of hydration, light coverage, and a fresh-, natural-looking finish that lasts.

Coverage: Light

Finish: 
Natural

Formulation: 
Liquid

SPF: 20

Highlighted Ingredients:
- High Content of Hyaluronic Acid and Other Skincare Ingredients: Provide a refreshing sensation, up to all-day hydration, and seamless application.
- ActiveForce™ Technology: Resists the effects of heat, humidity, oil, and facial movement.
- Responsive Sensory Technology: Adapts to skin's condition, tone, and texture for truer illumination.

Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens, formaldehydes, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS & SLES, triclocarban, triclosan, and contains less than one percent synthetic fragrance.

What Else You Need to Know: This tinted moisturizer visibly balances texture and tone while letting your natural skin shine through. Available in flexible shades that work across different complexions, the formula is non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, suitable for all skin types, and free of fragrance.

Clinical Results: In an independent US clinical study of 33 women:
- It provided 24-hour hydration and 12-hour wear
- It was shine- and transfer-resistant
- It was waterproof and crease-proof

In a consumer study conducted on 107 women in Asia, over 2 days:
- 97% agreed it felt lightweight on skin
- 95% agreed it felt breathable on skin
- 92% agreed the product made it look like they had great skin naturally