Honored Contributor

@monicakm    That's how I applied it with a damp sponge and it did not make enough of a difference for me.  This is a lesson of Live and Learn.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Hi I Senna Cosmetics was having their Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale 30% off (today is the last day ). I purchased 2 of their Sketch a Brow pencils in Ash Brown . i have salt & pepper hair (almost black ) . Since wearing a mask and working from home I just wear sunscreen and fill my brows in. If going out I might do mascara and wash of shadow . I have been experimenting with a few brow products while home  , but these Senna really seem to be the best . Many browns go red on me and some very dark brown/almost black are too harsh on my 57 year old skin .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 12/3

[ Edited ]

Just back from Walgreen's, CVS and Marshall's.

Walgreen's has a BOGO 50% off on all Soap & Glory. Ask an associate in beauty for a coupon for an additional $2.00 off a $10.00 purchase. I bought a small Buff & Butter gift set and Righteous body butter lotion. Total retail was $14.50- closest I could come on the BOGO to $10.00. After discount & coupon I paid just under $9.00. The associate in beauty was lovely. Gave me lots of samples, too.

A new CVS opened nearby. They sent out coupons. Not sure exactly what my total cost before coupons was ( no beauty purchases) but my receipt said I saved $14.50- 62% over retail on 3 needed items , including the ever popular TP, which was on sale.

I have been doing well at Marshall's lately, especially in the clearance section of beauty. Today's haul: Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance rollerball-$10.00, Billion Dollar Brow pencil-$3.00 and Josie Maran Argan daily moisturizer spf 47-$4.50!

Oh, and this past Cyber week I purchased The Pearl tinted eye cream from Tatcha's site on 20%(?) discount. I am just about out of eye cream. I have and like others of their skin care products, so thought I would try this one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 12/3

[ Edited ]

Target had some cyber week deals.  Got some basics and stocking stuffers  30% off gift sets - got some Venus shave kits, L'Oréal mascara gift set, Cetaphil kit and raw sugar kit.

They also had 25% off toiletries and makeup - more basics- deodorant, shaving cream, dental floss, CeraVe moisturizer and 2 Maybelline Lifter glosses (these are really good)

So not really exciting but stuff we'll use and a good discount.

ETA - I ordered and received the IT TSV. Love the brush 

Esteemed Contributor

I did some damage. Smiley Embarassed

Got the Clinique cleansing balm, Too Faced Chocolate Gold palette, a Viseart palette (Cool Mattes 2) and an Hourglass blush.

I also had an unfortunate exchange with someone from a little indie brand I've ordered from several times.  I had ordered some single shadows from them.  I emailed them about the website not working right during their Black Friday sale, and that I had tried to add insurance and couldn't.  Was told I was wrong about it not working, that the function always worked.  I told them I wish I'd gotten a screenshot of the error message I'd received, but it never occurred to me that I wouldn't be believed.  I felt like I was being called a liar, so am not sure if I want to buy from them again.  I'm really sad about the whole interaction, because I love the quality of their shadows.  

Also ordered a palette from a little indie brand called Moonslice.  It was ordered in October and still has not been sent out yet.  Owner did not answer my last email.  I think I got scammed.  Do yourself a favor and do not order from this brand.

I think I'm taking a break from ordering from little indie brands for awhile.  I want to support small businesses, but these people are making it really hard for me to want to buy from them. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   That’s terrible that no one has replied to your email from that company. Is it Moonslice Beauty? I googled them and that’s what came up. It said on their website that the brand is now available at Urban Outfitters? It is hard to forget when a company treats you badly! I’d be furious with a company also. I hope you did not get scammed! 

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   If you contact your charge acct. company they will investigate and give you back your money.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I placed an order with Ulta that I'm waiting for. It had an Essence mascara and lash primer, a Flower Beauty liquid blush, a Covergirl foundation, Andalou Naturals daily moisturizer with SPF 18, an Essence eyeliner, a Beauty Gems eyeshadow palette and a Beauty Gems eyeshadow/face palette. I just started working from home a couple of weeks ago too and I only go into the office once a week, so my makeup wearing has dropped dramatically. I should be set on makeup and skincare for quite a while now. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva   You're a brave one. Ah, Marshall's and discount stores....miss them. I haven't been to one in quite a long time. I tried to go to Michael's to have a few of my paintings framed, during the week a month ago, shoppers were out in full force and just not worth the risk. 

Except for groceries and drugstore, I'm side lined and ordering online only.  

Honored Contributor

Re: shopping locally. We had a lovely shop nearby in a strip center. They made their own candles, soaps, lotions, etc. All organic/clean products. Sign up "Out of Business". It's so sad.