Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases; 12/29/22

[ Edited ]

Good morning!  Let us know if you purchased anything this past week or tell us what beauty products you received for the holidays.

For me this week:

JVN - Since they were having such a good sale and so many Beauties were raving about them, I purchased the Shine Drops.  Haven't received them yet.

CosRx - Snail mucin.  Decided to try this.  Used it last night for the first time so can't review it yet.

From my DD for the holiday:  She spoiled me!  A Clinique "Glow All Out" face palette with bronzer, blush, highlighter, and powder - love it!  The shades are perfct for me.  Urban Decay N*ked 3 mini eyeshadow paletteLaura Geller The Delectables eyeshadow palette; vaious bath and body products - soaps, body creams, etc.  Also an eye balm and face serum from a skin care line that my DD thinks is great and is made locally by a friend of hers.

Stay safe through all this weather - CA is finally getting some much needed rain!  YEA!

Have a happy, healthy and safe new year! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 12/29/22

I got lots of beauty items for Christmas from my girls.

Farmacy Winter Greens 2% BHA toner and moisturizer.

Glossier Lipstick and gel blush

Too Faced Tubing massara for speical occassions.

Some type of Asian massara that curls your lashes in brown that I can use for everyday. 

I also purchased Shea Mositure Papaya and Neroli All Day Frizz Control Shampoo and Conditioner.   While I love my JVN styling products, the shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair a tangled mess so I am trying something new. 

Respected Contributor

Discovered something that finally helped my 78 year old nails and cuticles.  Recently the ridges on some of my nails got more pronounced and started to flake off at the tips.  The improvement was very fast.

Takes only a small smidge of the "gel" rubbed in on each nail every day.  It moisturizes so the nail doesn't flake and the cuticle looks great.  It's available at CVS by Sally Hansen and runs about $11 without a coupon:

F670C698-DEA1-48A3-8121-32A24EB697AF.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz - thanks for mentioning this product - Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Serum.  Definitely going to look for it next time I'm at CVS or Walgreens.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Beauties!  I've had a pretty good week. Our family got together for Christmas last Saturday and we all had a good time. Family times are my favorite days.  Tomorrow we're traveling to my sister's house for the weekend and hanging out with her family while they have their Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing what her grandkids think of the Mrs. Prindables apples we're bring them. My mouth is still healing from my oral surgery/tooth extraction but I'm doing ok.  Some of the stitches have come loose.  I go back Monday for them to be removed.

After expecting it to be a low key spending week for me, it suddenly turned into an expensive week on Tuesday.  My left hearing aid started acting up. I had planned to replace both of them in the spring, but moved up the purchase.  I am getting a pair of Widex Moment 440's.  The timing actually benefited me because the prices are expected to increase next week. 

My beauty purchase were:

Tretinoin .1% Cream - my NP prescribed it. I can get the strength and delivery method I want locally for only $10.  This makes me very happy.  I still have some .05% cream from ADC that I'll continue to use as I transition to the .1% permanently.

Vie Beauti Lash Serum - repeat purchase.  Great stuff.  It's made a big improvement to my lashes. 

Tweak'd by Nature Functional Fragrance Balm 2-Pack - waiting for it to arrive (ETA - Wednesday)

Have a great day! ⛄️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

Discovered something that finally helped my 78 year old nails and cuticles.  Recently the ridges on some of my nails got more pronounced and started to flake off at the tips.  The improvement was very fast.

Takes only a small smidge of the "gel" rubbed in on each nail every day.  It moisturizes so the nail doesn't flake and the cuticle looks great.  It's available at CVS by Sally Hansen and runs about $11 without a coupon:

Ingredients:  container has only 1/3 ounce. 

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin ,* Propylene Glycol,  Methyl Gluceth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phytantriol, Buteth-3, Panthenol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Tributyl Citrate, Sodium Sulfate, Laureth-3, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Palmaria Palmata Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Methylparaben, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Propylparaben, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), D&C Red No. 33 (Ci 17200).  *antifreeze

Honored Contributor

@jlkz  Great to hear.  I could use this myself. 

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

Ingredients:  container has only 1/3 ounce. 

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin ,* Propylene Glycol,  Methyl Gluceth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phytantriol, Buteth-3, Panthenol, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Tributyl Citrate, Sodium Sulfate, Laureth-3, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Palmaria Palmata Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Methylparaben, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Propylparaben, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), D&C Red No. 33 (Ci 17200).  *antifreeze

So don't drink it.

Respected Contributor

@jlkz Thanks for the recommendation!  I plan to take better care of my nails next year so I will start with this!  Happy New Year!!

Esteemed Contributor

Gifts from a friend: Color Street Lipstick (who knew?) nail strengthener, cuticle oil and a set of mani stickers.

Today at Marshall's on clearance: Vince Camuto EDP spray 1.0 oz and an OPI polish,

Received by mail this week:  two M. Asam serums ( one each, a.m.& p.m.) crazy good clearance on HSN.

Stocking stuffer: a small bar of hand poured Sugar Cookie soap.