Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 12/23/21

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Which Rice Polish did you buy?  I have the one in the purple jar, Gentle.  I use it every night but could probably cut down to every other night.  But, that's part of my double cleanse.  I'd have to find a new cleanser or cleanse 2x with the Tatcha Rice Cleanser.  Humm good excuse to try a new cleanser Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas everyone!  Christmas Holly Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

@monicakm - mine is the Gentle also.  I'll probably use it 2-3 times a week.

Honored Contributor

I only bought one thing. I like this brown one better than the Plum shade I got a while back.

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Made for Mocha

Maybelline New York 140S Made For Mocha Expert Wear Eyeshadow  NEW

I'm using that as a tightliner, pressed into my lash line, and when it's applied wet then it's quite a nice shade of dark brown. Gave up any kind of waxy pencil liners b/c I had a problem with those. The shadows are much easier to wash off but once applied they don't budge until you do wash your face.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't buy a lot this week, but the things I did purchase are really good 👍 . 

Pur 4-in-1 Mineral Foundation Compact (on @SilleeMee's recommendation) - I was able to get it on sale so it was time to give it a try.  I won't give up the Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten, but I do like the Pur Mineral. It applies easily and gives enough coverage when I just want a quick everyday look.  I went back to hsn to get a backup but the price had increased..

Revlon Microdermabrasion Wand (also on @SilleeMee's recommendation) - I was very impressed on the ease of use and effectiveness of this inexpensive tool.  A few swipes and my skin was so smooth.  My serums and moisturizer seemed to penetrate quicker/better too.  I had recently purchased a new tube of one of my favorite physical exfoliating cleansers but had not opened it yet.  Since the wand works so well, I decided I no longer needed the cleanser so I returned it yesterday. 

HSN Skinn Pep 40 Body Cream & Sleeping Veil TS (auto ship) - I've moved on from a full Skinn routine, using less expensive products now, but this deal was way too good to pass up.  

Equate Ceramide Moisturizing Lotion PM (Walmart's version of CeraVe PM) - almost out so I picked up a backup.

Wishing all of you Beauties a Safe and Very Merry Christmas!🎄🎁✝️🎅🏻⛄️❄️

Esteemed Contributor

I can tell  I'm bored, when I'm thinking about products I brough this week.  Three Mally products, one Este Lauder and Nick Chavez.  Was getting low.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition 

SOLELY based on how extraordinary ELF's Gotta Glow Perfect Pink lip tint/balm is, (and a sale and free shipping), I bought three ELF lip products. They came today.  A big "meh".  One tube of lippie was the most uncomfortable product I've ever applied.  The tip was flat, hard and the edges were rough-ish.  Not rounded anywhere.  Hard to squeeze out of the tube and color pay-off was minimal.  Other two were ok but nothing to write home about.  If they are trying to fill the huge gaping hole left by discontinuing such an awesome timeless product, they failed miserably.  Glad I have 6 full backup tubes Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm ,That's too bad about your ELF lip products.  The only one I have is their lip exfoliator, which is like a balm, hardly any color but does help dry lips. 

I like ELF's facial exfoliator, which is mild yet cleanses well. I love their bite size eyeshadows;  nice colors which are long lasting. 

I wonder why companies discontinue favorites. They're suppose to be "new and improved" but many times the new products aren't as advertised. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I just bought three more shades of the e.l.f. Sheer Slick lippies. I just love them! I think I own all but one shade now and they all look good on me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I think those are the two products I got that I thought were ok (and comparing them to the Gotta Glow product might be a little unfair).  This is the one that was so uncomfortable to apply.  I just watched a short vid and they show applying to your finger first.  That's real hygienic in these times Smiley Surprised

Ride or Die Lip Balm, Boss Berry

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

So sorry I'm not giving credit to where credit is due....but the influencer with the hazel eyes suggested Cat Cosmetics and in particular the Mythology eye liner. (Described as: sensational, deep, mysterious dark moss green with a slight gold shimmer, absolutely stunning for a change in pace.)

Well....how can you resist that?!

(I didn't.)

@Harpa - I'm not an influencer, but I did recommend Mythology in a post here! This is one of my favorites. Let us know what you think when you get it!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I also picked that Pur 4-in-1 mineral compact. I don’t think I’ve decided if I like it yet.

Philosophy shower gel and lotion In Amazing Grace bergamot.

Too Faced Christmas Coffee mini palette. It’s similar to the Forbidden Fruitcake mini palette I’ve been loving.

I also picked up the Ulta collection Toy Story eye shadow palette and blush as a pick me up gift for my friend who chaperones me at Ulta. She just had shoulder surgery.