Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 12/1/22

[ Edited ]

@kate2357wrote:

@Harpawrote:

The Ready To Wear lip palette came yesterday, so I'll be trying that out today. Don't know yet what I'll do with the other pieces.

Well, that's that! I struggled with that bloomin' lip palette for most of the morning trying to get it open, and finally got so frustrated that it is on its way back! At least that solves the question of what to do with the liner, mascara & eye shadow.

@Harpa

It's the most annoying thing when they make items difficult to open. Recently purchased a couple of makeup items and could not figure out how to open. You know that excitement of getting something new, you want to try it and it WILL NOT OPEN! ###@#@##

‐-------------------------

Don't know why companies reinvent the wheel.

@kate2357You wrote exactly what I thought! Smiley Happy I got that kit especially for that palette.

I used to really wonder about people who wrote in to ask how to open something! Now I know it isn't us - it's them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Macys online- Lancôme Definicils mascara and Lancôme Dual finish powder foundation compact

Great sales on beauty there

from Ulta in person, a Clinique pop lipstick in Red Carpet and an Orly nail polish in a deep shimmering red. It's called CranBarely Believe it

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@Harpa- how aggravating! Don't blame you for sending it back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL

I bought three new Naturium items. They were 25% off of the price listed.

• Multi-Peptide Eye Cream
  • Multi-Peptide Moisturizer
  • Vitamin K Liposome Serum 3%

0D479560-DACD-419F-AA5B-7CF1B89C615A.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife- looking forward to a review on the Naturium eye cream when you have a chance.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @Icegoddess. I tried the NYX pore filler primer yesterday. I only used it where I have large pores and used a different primer in the other areas. I patted it in, and it seemed to want to stick to my hands vs. staying on my face or completely fall off my fingers altogether. lol I had moisturized before using it, but I do that several minutes before applying primer and always blot my face before putting on primer just to remove any residual moisturizer. Never had a primer not stick to my face before, but anyway...lol Throughout the day, I thought my face looked smoother where I have large pores, so that is good. I am going to pick up the Marshmallow primer to use in conjunction with the pore filler to see how that works. The Marshmallow primer says it hydrates, so I could skip my moisturizer if that is the case. We will see! Thank you so much for your advice!

Honored Contributor

@AinhisgI'm a bit confused. The Pore Filler primer I use comes in a stick kinda like Chapstick, so I just remove the cap and rub it on. No fingers involved, although I can rub a finger over it if I wanted to. I don't find it sticky when I do that. I just apply it on top of the Marshmellow primer rather than trying to keep them separate.

I use my normal skincare before and I don't have a lot of time to wait for that to sink in. I'll try to do something like put product in my hair or put on pantyhose to give it time, but I have a very tight schedule in which to get everything done.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddessthis is the pore filler I purchased:

BAF19E2F-016D-43D5-835E-C4ACCB445F02.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I bought Bobbi Browns day and light eyeshadow pallet from Macys----

Honored Contributor

@AinhisgI have tried MULTIPLE times to post a pic of what I use with not luck. I give up. It's called Pore Filler Targeted Stick.

-

NYX Pore Filler.jpg