Honored Contributor

Hi Beauties,  How are you?  I started my Christmas shopping (only have about 5 to 6 gifts to get).  I exchange with friends and then give small gifts to service people. Anyway, no beauty gifts for me this past week.  Our state has indicated that it is best to stay home at this time.  It is not mandatory yet but cases and deaths are up.  What a shame.  Let's pray the vaccine when it comes does help people.

Back to Beauty.  Share your purchases.  Enjoy your weekend and wear your mask and stay safe. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I took advantage of Sephora's sale and stocked up! I bought Anastasia brow wiz and tinted brow gel, Fresh soy face cleanser, and a Josie Maran special body butter trio.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Just necessary items:

St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub -- this is a re-purchase for me.  It's not harsh, but does keep my complexion smooth and blackhead-free.  I use about twice a week in the shower ( so I know all of it is rinsed off ).

Gold Bond Healing Hand Cream -- I've been happy with all the Gold Bond products I've used so far.   I had a coupon for 2, so thought I'd give it a try.  So far, so good!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Have you ever tried the fragrances by Fresh?  They have some lovely scents.  I am fond of a few.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I'll be trying out the Tarte eye liners, also a travel spray from Viva La Juicy.

@Katcat1 

Which Fresh fragrances do you like?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   If you select a fragrance you can then go to "Tell me More" to get the different notes of that particular fragrance.

I own:

Brown Sugar

Citron de vigne

Sugar Lemon

"Life" is also pretty but has zero staying power.  I sometimes layer the body lotion with the perfume.  Since Brown Sugar does not have a lotion I use Sugar Lemon because they have similar ingredients.  If you really like a fragrance, the $90 size is 2 or 3 times the $50.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I wish I could say that my beauty purchases were all gifts but.......LOL At least what I bought for myself was cheap.

I did buy a Sephora gift set for my sister that has a mix of the various brands they carry, several of them in few sizes.  It has good reviews, a nice array of products and the price was really good for what is in the set.  I almost ordered one for myself.  I also ordered her a Briogeo hair set that had a deep conditioner and a shampoo/scalp scrub.  That was a request from her.

I ordered 2 concealers for myself to try.  Both are drugstore, were cheap and I hear great things about them so I thought I'd give them a whirl.  One is the Milani Conceal + Perfect Concealer and the other is Maybelline TruBlend Concealer.  I'm using the Milani today so we'll see how it goes.    

Esteemed Contributor

I got a mini size of the Farmacy Green Clean cleansing balm, a mini size of the ABH eye primer, a liquid eyeshadow from Wander Beauty, and a backup of First Aid Beauty Retinol serum.

Not much of a haul for the VIB sale, but holiday releases have not been that exciting, and I wasn't feeling excited enough about other things on my favorites list to go ahead and purchase.  

Oh, there was also a Dr. Jart Ceramidin kit that I bought sometime before the sale.  I was almost out of the cream, and have been having issues with dryness.  The kit was the price of the cream, but also included a body lotion and a sheet mask.  Hope I like those.  If not, I was going to buy the cream for my face anyway, so no loss.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Well to say I"ve gone a bit nuts lately with beauty purchases is an understatement.  Last week I purchase a lot from Tarte - some for me, some for my DD for Christmas - eyeshadow palettes, mascaras, eyeliners.  This week, I bought some Ordinary Caffeine solution, Squalane serum, eyeshadow primer, a set of Mario Bedescue (sp?) misty sprays, IT tightline mascara form Ulta. Belei eye cream from Amazon, and a few concealers from Tarte.  Some makeup remover, eyeshadows and pencils from Avon.   The hunt for the right eye cream and concealer is always on on-going struggle for me so trying some new ones.

Whew!  I'm done now for a while!  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   I own the Lavender/Chamomile spray by Mario Badescu.  It's wonderful.

kindness is strength