Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I have the Ouai Volume Shampoo & Conditioner (May now be called the Fine Hair line) & I really like them. A lot of lines for volume make my hair very static-y, but this does not. I was just looking at the line on the Ulta site.

My most recent, & favorite, purchases I did get before Christmas, but I will mention them because I love them so much!

I bought 3 of the Fenty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blushes & 2 of the Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powders (Lavender & Butter). I bought the smaller sizes of the powder to try.

The cream blush are amazing. Pigmented, easy to blend on, wear all day.

The powder is my new best friend! They go on silky, make my skin look nicer, my makeup still looks great at the end of the day & it doesn't break me out!!!

The powder smells like Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison & I love that, too!!

I use a lot of eyeshadow sticks, because they are quick, easy & kind to my older eye lids. I saw that Smashbox had cream eyeshadow in tubes & I ordered one to try in a color that I don't usually buy. Always On Cream Shadow on Ochre.

Fully pigmented. I squeeze out a small amount on the back of my hand & apply it with my Mac #252 brush. Start at the lash line & pull it up through the crease, so that it fades out. Very nice! No creasing. No fading. And, once it sets it does not budge until you remove it.

It is matte, but doesn't look flat or dry.

I will get more colors.

My last favorite purchases (there were so many sales before Christmas!) were the Mac Bronzer Foiled Eyeshadows in Sunphoria, White Haute & Tide N Seek. 

They are beautiful! Shimmery, but not glittery or metallic. I bought Tide N Seek first & then went back for the other 2 that were still available.

Cream Blushes

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies!  This week my Paul Mitchell shampoos/conditioners arrived.  Ordered the thickening shampoo/conditioner and the shampoo/conditioner for thinning hair both from the tea tree line. 

Thought I would use both for 2 weeks each and see which one I like best.  So started with the thickening shampoo/conditioner.  Have used them twice and so far so good.  I like them, my hair seems to like them too as I don't see to have as much hair loss.

The reason I switched was because I was using Tweaked shampoo/conditioner and thought that there was just too much hair loss so thought I would switch shampoo/conditioner first and see what happens.

Also received Paula's Choice Vit C 15% booster.  Have just used it twice so too early to tell if I'll like it better than JM's vitamin C.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It took much longer to type the instructions than to actually insert the images!  I'm sorry it looks so intimidating.  It really isn't.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1   If you love cream shadow and/or a natural neutral shadow look, I use Laura Mercier Eye Basics. It's really a shadow primer, but comes in skin tone shades. I use Buff or Linen. Sometimes it's my "one and done" eye shadow look or I add a little bronzer or blush in the crease before a dark charcoal or navy tightline and 1 coat of mascara.

Valued Contributor

I ordered Pat Magrath lip sticks and gloss on sale.Very nice, great packaging. Also ordered some Elysee.

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 

Happy New Year ! 

I restocked on my Amika FLuxus soft hold hairspray and Inkey list Oat balm cleanser . Both are fabulous.I also wanted to try the Inkey list retinol serum . Everything should be coming next week. I have been extremely happy with the balm cleanser , and all their prices are extremely reasonable . I had tried the Ouai spray and mousse a few years ago . They were wonderful, but they have a different kind of cap and half way through they would either clog or leak out . Sadly after the third bottle this happened to I had to switch brands . Have a great weekend ladies !

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I kind of like more look to my look. LOL

I don't really go for the natural look, much.

I do have the Butter London Serum Eye Shadows that are more of a skin tone/natural look, but if I am going to do my makeup I like to look like I did it!

That sounds terrible, but it's not as bad as it sounds.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm   What shade is the Revlon lipstick?  It's very pretty.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

After trying several "co-washes, I finally bought one that I like. It doesn't weigh my curls down or make it look "greasy".

1F4CA24A-5943-4EE2-8E9C-130635A6EDD5.jpeg

I also purchased the nighttime sleeping eye mask from Glow. Their products seem to be hit or miss with me. This is a hit! 

C7818851-7CF0-479B-AD0A-2F95B04D8623.jpeg
@momoftwo2007 I would love to hear your thoughts on the Amika Brooklyn products! The Amika products I've tried, I've liked. I contemplated the one you purchased. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing---in fact threw away a bunch of opened tubes of stuff as well as jars of half used stuff---