Honored Contributor

Hi Beauties,  OMG, it's almost February. Okay, I purchased the large bottle of English Pear & Freesia by Jo Malone.  I received the creme (small size) for Christmas.  It is sensuous, warm, not too sweet or floral and it lingers); however, the cologne does not last as long as the creme so I returned the cologne and purchased the large creme.  I absolutely love this scent so if you have a chance go to Nordstrom (maybe Sephora carries too) and get a sample.

Share what you purchased and enjoy this weekend.  We are expecting snow Sat. night.  Beauties, stay safe -- you are precious.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases 1/28/21

[ Edited ]

Good morning @Katcat1 .  What DIDN'T I purchase this week. I've moved to 2 offices in my DH's bldg. and needed to make shelves, drawers look more  filled with products. 

I purchased some Skinceuticals, Skinmedica, PTR and Dr. Dennis Gross products. On the makeup front, I was lucky that Bobbi Brown was having a 25% off F&F sale and I filled in with foundations, mascaras, extra brushes, concealers. correctors, etc. 

This was my most expensive week of purchases in a year!!!

***We had a bit of snow overnight. Nothing that really looked pretty...mostly just some ice on the roads.

Esteemed Contributor

All from Marshall's, all on clearance except the lip colors:

Set of 2 beauty blenders (needed for my Tatcha tinted eye cream)

Set of 2 nail mini nail file/ buffer blocks

Liquid hand soap for the kitchen sink

2 Nars lipsticks- red and pinkish nude (someday we will return to wearing lipstick!)

Also, from eBay: Algenist Genius liquid collagen hand cream, NIB

Yesterday: ordered Tweak'd Rescue Cream duo- coco nutty from HSN

Returning: Tweak'd super sized restorative spray hair treatment. I have something similar that works well and smells better.

Historically I find that January is a good month for good prices on beauty.

Most of my purchases were inexpensive Needs, others were well-priced, quality wants.

Respected Contributor

I've always been curious about her fragrances, then I forget about them and have never sought them out to buy...and I love fragrance..

Where do you buy yours? What have been your favorites, can you describe them also like you did so well on the ones you mention here. (maybe those ARE your favs.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss Marshall's!! Can't wait until I feel safe to go to these stores again. Nice finds. I always found nice hand soaps for kitchen and bath at Marshall's. Been relegated to CVS brands this past year. (I know..."first world probs")

Anyway...I miss the good old "Marshall's hunts." Smiley Happy

Oh and to answer OP...only bought one recent beauty product, from Q, Laura Geller, one of her marbalized lipsticks with a lip pencil. I have had them in the past and they were glossier/creamier, more moisterizing than this one feels so far...it's either old stock and drying up or just needs to be used a few more times to soften. Plus the color is darker than what I was expecting...so judge and jury still out on if I'll bother to return. I really hate using these type products then returning. I like the lip pencil color...and when I put that over my lips first, the lipstick lightens up. But neither feels as moisterizing as I'd like.

boy...that was a LOT on just a lipstick purchase... 😏

Trusted Contributor

@ amyb, I only purchase Jo Malone cream. Her clogne does not last. Wish she had a perfume. My favs are Myrtth, orange blossom and sea salt. I am not into floral scents. Prefer light clean. Do not want to cause a headache in anyone by wearing a strong scent. These scents are light , clean and not offense. Also, recently purchassed Rebecca Minkoff from her site. She had a 30% off for new buyers. Purchase her purfume. Light and lovely. Says it is a night scent but have been wearing during day. Really enjoying.

Trusted Contributor

@amyb i always use her web site.J....... Her pkgs arrivequickly and are beautifully packaged. I did order J. cream from Nord. only because her site was sold out of one I needed.Same $ as on her site.

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@ amyb, I only purchase Jo Malone cream. Her clogne does not last. Wish she had a perfume. My favs are Myrtth, orange blossom and sea salt. I am not into floral scents. Prefer light clean. Do not want to cause a headache in anyone by wearing a strong scent. These scents are light , clean and not offense. Also, recently purchassed Rebecca Minkoff from her site. She had a 30% off for new buyers. Purchase her purfume. Light and lovely. Says it is a night scent but have been wearing during day. Really enjoying.

@sligo   I've never had that issue w/ Jo malone. In fact some fragrances are so strong, I apply with a q tip or they're over powering hours later. My personal favorite is the Basil Meroli...a musky, citrus spice scent....almost unisex, but a little too flowery. That's my every day one.  

Honored Contributor

@sligo   At any of the Nord. sales or on her site, the gift sets are the best way to try new scents. There are tiny bottles of 10, perfumes and cream sets, soaps, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I just received my Guerlain purchase and the lipstick and pearl lipstick case are both lovely.  The pearl case is refillable with any of the Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks.  The new one I received is a lovely pinky nude, which I didn't have strangely enough, but is enough color that is doesn't disappear on my lips.  I need SOME color on my lips and most of the current crop of 'nudes' just make me look like a corpse.  This one is pink enough to look very nice - and with a pearl- ish finish that I love.

The Meteorites are all that everyone on Ytube says and more.  What a lovely smoothing finishing powder.  I may only use it on my forehead and cheeks so it doesn't settle into the lines around my mouth, but the finish is stunning!